Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any 4wd box that will bolt up to a 2jzgte?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smithbro
    replied
    I reckon a petrol 80 series auto box is likely to work. The 1FZ engine is very similar to 1/2J. It looks like an NA 2J but taller, might be worth sussing bolt patterns between F and J series?

Leave a comment:

• TRD-MX62
    replied
    Originally posted by DROOPZ View Post
    That sounds like a plan. Hopefully input shaft is the correct length.
    can swap it over, worst case you have to weld the TCC speed sensor onto the overdrive hub

Leave a comment:

• DROOPZ
    replied
    That sounds like a plan. Hopefully input shaft is the correct length.

Leave a comment:

• Sloth
    replied
    easiest way-

flex plate and convertor and bellhousing from a jz type a340. a343f trans from a cruiser or surf. thats it.

Leave a comment:

• TJ
    replied
    Aristo came 4wd also, but it was V8 so not sure the boxes would match.

Leave a comment:

• schnitzelburger
    replied
    crown had 1JZ/2JZ-GE 4WD japan only, google says its called the 31-80LE

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-2-5L...-/391857065825

Leave a comment:

• TRD-MX62
    replied
    If you have a stand alone transmission controller a 2003+ Landcruiser used the 750e, I'd say with a little fiddle you could use an a750 or a761 bellhousing/torque converter/input shaft from a 2jz equipped lexus

otherwise Pajaro used an a340

Leave a comment:

• F3ARED
    replied
    Im not an auto guru so take anything i write with a caveat that you do some searches but....

Wiki says Toyota 4runner 85 - 2004 and Toyota "Pickup" [presume hilux] 4cyl are both 4WD variants of A340, prefixed A340F. 2J is A340E. Landcruisers are A343F so if you can get one to bolt to back of 2J you could be in business.

Jeep trans based on A340 was AW4 so maybe u can use a combo of jeep bits to make it 4wd/mate it to a jeep transfer.
    http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/aw4

Leave a comment:

• DROOPZ
    replied
    Its whatever the auto from a 2003 turbo aristo would be.

Leave a comment:

• DROOPZ
    replied
    Oh i might have got the name wrong on the auto. I know there are alot of A series autos that use different length input shafts.

Leave a comment:

• F3ARED
    replied
    Originally posted by DROOPZ View Post
    I still have a turbo 2j and a340 that i pulled out of a wrecked Aristo that im itching to put into something dumb.

Most inappropriate shell i have here in a farm fresh 1968 fj45.

Im happy enough to throw a hilux diff under it and reuse the whole drivelive for the Aristo as 2wd, but if anyone knew of a 4x4 box that would allow me to keep it 4x4 without thousands of $$ in conversation kits, id be keen.

All the info ive found so far is yank, and not promising.
    Isnt the A340 what the Jeeps and 80series landcruisers used?

Leave a comment:

• DROOPZ
    started a topic Any 4wd box that will bolt up to a 2jzgte?

Any 4wd box that will bolt up to a 2jzgte?

I still have a turbo 2j and a340 that i pulled out of a wrecked Aristo that im itching to put into something dumb.

Most inappropriate shell i have here in a farm fresh 1968 fj45.

Im happy enough to throw a hilux diff under it and reuse the whole drivelive for the Aristo as 2wd, but if anyone knew of a 4x4 box that would allow me to keep it 4x4 without thousands of $$ in conversation kits, id be keen.

All the info ive found so far is yank, and not promising.
Working...
X