Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bpm View Post
    If you are returning to the fuel tank from the surge through the “return” from the fuel filter, you will need to remove the pump module and take the regulator out of it. Otherwise your surge tank wil be pressurised to 58psi which the Chinee welds will not like
    If I remove the regulator does it need to be replaced with anything or is it ok just to remove? I have not had one apart before and I'm trying to have as many parts ready in prep for pulling it off the road.
    Shitter LX hatch
    Perth, WA

Comment

No just either cut the plastic hose or remove the clip and pop it out. You can add some intank hose with a clamp if you’re worried about returning the fuel back into the pot

Comment

Legend thanks for the heads up!
        Shitter LX hatch
        Perth, WA

Comment

Quick update, fired this thing up for the first time last week. Just has a start up tune in it, my tuner doesn't have an opening until the 29th Jan but I think that will work in my favour. While I went with Speedflow for all my fuel system fittings and lines, I fucked up and purchased an Aeroflow pressure reg, pretty sure this was a result of a late night drunken purchase. I thought it would be ok but because I went overboard with the fuel pump (walbro 450) it can't regulate the volume of fuel it's having to bypass and the pressure is fluctuating quite badly. I have just ordered an aeromotive reg to replace it but now I'm wondering if I should go with a smaller pump as well, something like a walbro GSS353. Any thoughts?

I'll pull my finger out and post some pics, but there's nothing all that exciting.
          Shitter LX hatch
          Perth, WA

Comment

Pics are always good

Comment

Working...
            X