Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20B Turbo in what ?

Now that my Cressida is nearing completion I am looking at some options for a possible next project.

I recently acquired a D series 20B turbo motor that was removed from a 1994 Cosmo in Japan.

For the conversion to be legal in QLD, the donor vehicle year model needs to be older than 1994 and weight must be greater than 1,308kgs.

This will more than likely be 6 speed manual, TR6060 with a quicktime bellhousing and single turbo.

20B Turbo in what ?

cracka has a Ute for sale
    Originally posted by Faux Forg
    I agree with Rdyno

Comment

VN Executive
      Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
      Originally posted by nutttr
      People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Give it to me. I'll put it in my FC

Comment

Au Wagon.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

i was thinking about this when looking at an n/a quad rotor for sale on fb.
            now for some reason my stupid internal logic doesn't like putting bigger rotor motors in rx7's because my experience with those says keep those close-ish to stock
            i.e. FC/FD can make enough power for street with a few extra psi, just mod those for some reliability and go, putting a bigger rotary in is big effort for not a huge practical gain? and i like the absurdity of putting rotaries in things that didn't come with them.

what my brain came up with is two cheap 2 door RWD coupes with big engine bays that are easy to obtain, easy to get parts for, easy to modify;
            e36 coupe- look good but understated with M3 body bits, lots of upgrades/compatibility from M3 models, i.e. braces, brakes, etc., all random trim pieces available online etc, easy to get donor cars, balanced chassis.
            R32 coupe- also pretty cheap, maybe less so than e36 because P plate drift kid demand, throw some pumped guards on, duck tail, GTR front end. would be cool as.

left field choice - porsche 944 and confuse FC owners
            or VC commodore
            Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
            Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

350z track edition? Already has brakes/diff/6spd. Seeing plenty on gumtree lately.

Comment

Too new. Must be older than 1994.

Comment

hq
                  this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

If you can find one, maybe a Mitsubishi Starion widebody. Narrow body is too light.
                    - Gary

97 Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe 1.8 (cheap and cheerful motoring)
                    16 Honda Grom (MSX125) Snail racing would be faster

Comment

Originally posted by CussCuss View Post
                      hq
                      This. Everyone* will think itís a Roadpacer except itís performance will actually be acceptable instead of glacial.

* anorak-wearing car nerds

Originally posted by Jim
                      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                      Originally posted by elfturbomax
                      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                      1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
                        This. Everyone* will think itís a Roadpacer except itís performance will actually be acceptable instead of glacial.

* anorak-wearing car nerds
                        Why would they think it was a Roadpacer ?

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Had a look, few good options but were all a couple hundred kg too light. Mercs definitely aren't too light though. Something like this $1k 300se would be super inappropriate with quad rotor turbo noises
                          https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mars...ell/1202739117

Comment

A VK Brock blue meany replica. The online but hurt would be sooooo worth it.
                            Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Carsales has a treasure trove of sheds under 2k. My picks;

- jellybean shape tarago
                              - old merc
                              - BA falcon
                              - sigma

Originally posted by Faux Forg
                              I agree with Rdyno

Comment

Working...
                              X