Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late model RB25s, possibility of finding a unicorn 2003 vintage?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late model RB25s, possibility of finding a unicorn 2003 vintage?

Nissan tragics, I’m looking to throw an RB into something, that something is a 2003 mode vehicle. RB is the sensible option due to configuration of intake/exhaust matches current motor over a JZ.

Why no LS, don’t want to, why not an M3 donk from an e46, I don’t have drug money in budget.

it’s only scratchings on a napkin at the minute but if I can line some easy ducks in a row I’m likely to pull trigger on it.

cheers
    Originally posted by Faux Forg
    I agree with Rdyno

I was thinking possibly Stagea went later, but with the introduction of the m35 in 2001, they went to the VQ.. Wiki says they continued production of the rb engine up until 2004 - replacement engines?

Nissan have resumed production of the rb26dett block in 2019, not sure if this counts?
    your former friendly cambodian dictator

Comment

I think they sold R34 GTR's until 2004/5 - via nismo etc.. but not RB25...

Anyone going to actually notice - if you get an RB25 Neo version with the engine cover etc & claim it's out of a 2003? - worst case you could get it emissions tested?

This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by GSRman View Post
        I think they sold R34 GTR's until 2004/5 - via nismo etc.. but not RB25...

Anyone going to actually notice - if you get an RB25 Neo version with the engine cover etc & claim it's out of a 2003? - worst case you could get it emissions tested?

I have wondered if there are any ways around this, I should probably investigate the Victoria rules and see what are the requirements to be met, if it’s a specific engine year or if it’s same engine used in the model series produced to match date.

emissions test, I assume you can do this to get a conversion engineered for the specific reason of not being able to match or younger the engine year?
        I agree with Rdyno

Comment

Bit of reading looks like I need to speak to an approved assessor and get a nod or not to what I am proposing. I’d assume an rb25 would meet emissions as an m54. it’s a start anyway, will make a call tomorrow
          I agree with Rdyno

Comment

I can't help but if you'd like a cheap, simple and effective forward facing plenum with injectors, runners etc I have one going for nix, it's taking up space in the garage!

I am a Spinal and Sports Physio based in Flemington, Melbourne. Insane discounts for PF members!

www.showgroundsphysio.com.au

I also retail do high-level professional road bike fitting and retail Speedplay pedals and SMP seats - cheapest you'll find them anywhere.

www.neillsbikefit.com.au

Comment

Working...
            X