Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oz Legends fj1200 engine oiling

Any1 know if apart from extra oil coolers at the front
    what is required to turn an FJ1200 engine to work
    north south rather east west position on bikes?

About 90 degrees?

Comment

Yes, Ive looked on their sites but this is not mentioned anywhere Ive looked
      Some more fancy engines commonly used performance bike engines have
      issues with oiling but it could be these older style donks dont????

Comment

keep the oil coolers north south.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post
          keep the oil coolers north south.
          yep just like the legends cars but still worried about oil surge in the wrong direction
          Heaps of Hayabusa and other superbike engine car swaps have killed them before
          they realised this problem and fitted baffling.

Here in Yahoo Auction I can get engines super cheap and have access to so many kei
          cars that I can butch up for the price of beer

Comment

anyone know any more?

Comment

You can also turn them 270 degrees for a similar effect.

Comment

Originally posted by DailyEngrish View Post

yep just like the legends cars but still worried about oil surge in the wrong direction

Here in Yahoo Auction I can get engines super cheap and have access to so many kei
                Baffle the sump.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Like to but is there a kit or a fail safe proven method? Anyone ever raced or worked on these things?

this is what i want now but even older model daihatsu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VamFG8oCH1g">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VamFG8oCH1g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="873" height="525">
                  Last edited by DailyEngrish; 07-06-20, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DailyEngrish View Post

To help with oil surge in the FJ1200 engine running north south, just run the oil level higher than the sight glass, about 5-10mm higher from memory.

I raced Aussie Racing Cars for 11 years and there was never an issue with oil surge and those cars can generate up to 2g corner force.
                    Last edited by Pablo17; 08-06-20, 11:24 PM.

Comment

^^^Old mate in Japan got the arse, doubt he'll be welcome back - in that guise anyway!

One of the young guys running Heinrich's old car did blow up 8 or 9 months ago on his first run at Wakefield, trying to run standard bike levels. Daryl had a word in his ear after, pretty much giving the same advice as you. Matey would be probably be better off to install the water cooled barrel most everyone runs now if he's worried about good engine life.

I see an ex alumni has her cans out....and more, ha.

Comment

Water cooled barrel isnt going to help with oil surge nor does it help with engine life from what I have heard

But will keep the engine running more consistently

Comment

One of the builders mentions the heads are less prone to going soft after living in a mostly closed and confined space, getting the bejesus revved out of them with the new barrel. Might be why quinny is still sitting on - supposedly, most of the 100 new engines he bought a few years back.

Comment

Working...
                          X