Talk to me about 4JJ1 conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by takai View Post

Because it is infinitely more capable than a 2F with a 4sp box behind it, they are relatively accessible engines and dont cost stupid money like HD or FZs, and not requiring silly amounts of modification to fit like a Duratec or Cummins.
    ok. that makes sense. a lot more room at the front of the engine for a decent cooling package too.
    Originally posted by Skompa
    The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Comment

Look into TF Rodeo 4JB1 or Jackaroo 4JG2 gearbox and transfer cases. Im pretty sure they were all bolt-ups to the 4JJ1 with a bit of fiddling around with clutch forks and clutch slaves. Manually selected transfer cases so no need for wiring headfuckery to try and get the 4WD to work[ RA 4JH1, RA7/RC/Dmax 4JJ1 are all electronic selection]. Person you want to speak to is Clayto on the Jackaroo and 4JJ1 Conversions facebook pages.

Cant remember if 4JH1 TF and 4JX1 Jackaroo were still manual-style transfer cases
      1978 Gemini Sedan - Powered by i change my mind every week - R.I.P
      1980 Gemini Sedan
      1987 Range Rover Vogue
      1996 TF Holden Rodeo

Comment

Originally posted by F3ARED View Post
        Look into TF Rodeo 4JB1 or Jackaroo 4JG2 gearbox and transfer cases. Im pretty sure they were all bolt-ups to the 4JJ1 with a bit of fiddling around with clutch forks and clutch slaves. Manually selected transfer cases so no need for wiring headfuckery to try and get the 4WD to work[ RA 4JH1, RA7/RC/Dmax 4JJ1 are all electronic selection]. Person you want to speak to is Clayto on the Jackaroo and 4JJ1 Conversions facebook pages.

Cant remember if 4JH1 TF and 4JX1 Jackaroo were still manual-style transfer cases
        Ah, thanks for that. I had figured we would be programming a microcontroller for the 4WD system solenoids, but if a Rodeo or Jackaroo gearbox bolts up then that simplifies things a lot, they are driver's side drop as well, so that makes things easier too, can end up getting a later model engine and using that gearbox for drop.
        Chris
        ------
        The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
        I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Quick search on the 4JJ1 Engine Conversions FB page says the hotness is using the DMax/RC/RA7 box with the Jackaroo manual [ie not later shift on the fly] transfer case bolted up to it. The man you want to annoy is Clayton Spencer.

1980 Gemini Sedan
          1987 Range Rover Vogue
          1996 TF Holden Rodeo

Comment

Reaper Performance Diesel have taken a slightly different approach to re homing a 4JJ1 + T56 ....

https://www.facebook.com/ReaperPerfo...96806675269704
            Last edited by Stevil; 01-10-21, 03:53 PM.

Comment

https://fb.watch/8oRzcK-rZU/

One of Reapers other efforts....550rwhp on a standard bottom end is stout in any language, let alone when it's a 3L Diesel
              1980 Gemini Sedan
              1987 Range Rover Vogue
              1996 TF Holden Rodeo

Comment

Working...
              X