UR Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UR Madness

Typical night on the beers and Yahoo Auctions.....months later this nugget arrives

& no it's not that filthy 205 engine in the background.

It's a Toyota 4.6L 1UR-FSE. Very similar to a 200 series Landcruiser motor (UZJ200), except this one has direct injection. Yes, that means it has 16 fuckin injectors lol (8x DI, 8x port). But it cranks out a lazy 286kw. For starters it is very wide, probably at least a couple or more inches wider than a 1UZ.

I have NFI what I am going to put it into, but figured maybe someone here has had some experience with them? Speaking to Brendan @ Niteparts, he is currently developing a bellhousing to bolt up a manual gearbox. Luckily the 1UR/2UR/3UR all use the same bellhousing pattern so in theory you could use one of his products down the track to convert an IS-F to manual (2UR-GSE).

There is also a 5.0L 2UR-FSE (327kw, they have a hybrid system attached to them that boosts power from 290kw odd up to 327kw). These motors are cheap as chips from Japan, nobody really seems to want to play with them....they do have a VVTi controller which is an independent unit to the factory ECU....from all accounts nobody has cracked them yet so using an aftermarket ECU may prove troublesome (assuming you ditch the 8 DI injectors and just use the port ones).

Anyhow that's about as much as I know, keen to see if anyone else has ever got loaded and bought one to fettle with lol.

Looking forward to seeing where this ends up

Comment

Nice. When you say cheap, how cheap? Did you get the key/transponder etc so it will start with the factory ECU?

Theres a mob in the US who can tune these (well, the ISF version at least so presumably the 1UR too)

I forget the name, i think its the same guys running a blown track ISF
      Last edited by perthdrivers.txt; 22-09-21, 07:37 PM.
      Originally posted by Jim
      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

You've probably seen this, but shows the inside pretty well
        https://youtu.be/9kyooH5a2Hs

Comment

much disappoint, saw UR - expected to find a twin turbo lambo V10...
          GT-P
          Bandsenkowagon

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
            Nice. When you say cheap, how cheap? Did you get the key/transponder etc so it will start with the factory ECU?

Theres a mob in the US who can tune these (well, the ISF version at least so presumably the 1UR too)

I forget the name, i think its the same guys running a blown track ISF

Came to about $1400 landed to my door. Is a complete motor & loom, no accessories though. Never got the ECU or key fob, I think Yuri Baranov in Russia does an ECU interceptor box for these so you don't need that gear but not 100% sure on that yet.

Plan is to lend it to Dellow, they want to eyeball it to see if they want to make some bellhousings for them. If someone does a set of cams with no VVT then your cheering, you could run it on an aftermarket ECU no trouble (ditch the DI injection and just keep port injection).
            Sump looks fancy (rear sump, quite petite), but could definitely cut it up or make your own to suit whatever car you want.

Comment

wow that is a good price Yes the Russians seem to put the effort in to late '90s Toyota engines, a lot of V8s from the 3UZ on are doable as swaps
              Originally posted by Jim
              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
              What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

XAT Racing does adaptor plates and cams for them.

I was looking at one but figured I have enough projects to last a lifetime. Keen to see where you go with this.
                Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
                Originally posted by ALLMTR
                Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Comment

Your drunk Yahoo purchase are much more exciting than mine.

Please proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Bolt View Post
                    XAT Racing does adaptor plates and cams for them.

I was looking at one but figured I have enough projects to last a lifetime. Keen to see where you go with this.

Those XAT adapters rely on a near unobtanium bellhousing....they couldn't even source me one so I have NFI how they are selling these adapters. Price from Toyota (through Partsouq / Amayama) was over $1400..........lotta money to blow before you even buy their adapter....then a gearbox and clutch etc etc.

Comment

Yeah OK wow. Fuck that then. It's a 6K proposition just to convert to manual.

Comment

foamy is this the right bellhousing?

https://www.ebay.com/p/656501318

Comment

Working...
                        X