School me on plugs & crimping for loomage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We use 100ohm resistors (see diagram attatched).

Our crimper is a genuine Packard one, and as such is quite expensive at $400 compared to other options.

Tefzel wire, plugs, connectors etc. I get either from here (MoTeC) or from GR Motorsport electrics. Gary has a bigger selection than what we sell here.

Attached also are ssome photos of what your finished crimps should look like.

-Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by sssgtr View Post
      jamie, is it 100 ohm or 220 ohm for CAN bus termination? Been about 2 yrs since I've done work on CAN buses.

bev, how much / who did you buy your deutsch crimping tools for / from?
      Tool frame, turrets and positioners I use are all made by DMC.
      http://www.dmctools.com/

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
      pictures??
      Will put some up when i go out to the car as its all in boxes since i moved.
      /csh Racing

Comment

Originally posted by cossie55 View Post
        We use 100ohm resistors (see diagram attatched).

Our crimper is a genuine Packard one, and as such is quite expensive at $400 compared to other options.

Tefzel wire, plugs, connectors etc. I get either from here (MoTeC) or from GR Motorsport electrics. Gary has a bigger selection than what we sell here.

Attached also are ssome photos of what your finished crimps should look like.

-Jamie
        Gary is really helpful, have ordered a fair bit from him from those splices to autosport connectors etc..
        /csh Racing

Comment

Bev, do you use a DMC AF8 M22520/1-01 or 2-01 for most of your wiring?

Comment

guys it looks like i will be making my first loom shortly, and the information here is great, but does anyone know any good online articles or books for picking up basic tricks and talents for doing a good reliable job?
            RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
            06/07/2011

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...#post842594902 - making little toys for the big boys

Comment

one thing i like to do when using heat shrink is to put a dab of glue in either end of the shrink before i heat it so it seals water tight
              List of cars goes here

Comment

^ You can get glued heatshrink.
                Originally posted by Jim
                the only decent six pot holden ever put in a car was the nissan RB30

Comment

Originally posted by Asteroid View Post
                  ^ You can get glued heatshrink.
                  yep but not easily
                  List of cars goes here

Comment

Huh? Every electrical wholesaler has it.. Like tle, Turks etc
                    im a cunt
                    and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec_rx7 View Post
                      Huh? Every electrical wholesaler has it.. Like tle, Turks etc

the nearest Turks to me is a 2 hour drive and the few electrical wholesalers down this way are shit

like i said its not easy to get
                      List of cars goes here

Comment

Originally posted by Gassed250 View Post
                        the nearest Turks to me is a 2 hour drive and the few electrical wholesalers down this way are shit

Jaycar has it and i belive they do mail order too.
                        Originally posted by Einstein
                        The definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different result

Comment

Originally posted by Gassed250

Yep order online at jaycar
                          im a cunt
                          and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

what's the hotness from jaycar in terms of connecting and crimping. I have heaps to do with this new harness for the VK
                            Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
                            I <3 Hamster

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec_rx7 View Post
                              Yep order online at jaycar

and get it a week later not real good when you need it now lol

when i do my ECU i'll get the proper stuff but the dab of glue trick works fine for quick jobs
                              List of cars goes here

Comment

Originally posted by BoganDAVE View Post
                                what's the hotness from jaycar in terms of connecting and crimping. I have heaps to do with this new harness for the VK
                                This I would like to know too. Got to go through the Stang and clean up a whole bunch of dodgy shit, including my own embarrassingly enough
                                Envy is Ignorance, Imitation is Suicide - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted by Stang:
                                particularly when your body is functioning like a 1970s Alfa made by drunken chimpanzees on a Friday afternoon

Comment

Working...
                                X