School me on plugs & crimping for loomage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the PAD-01 is on my "to buy" list, I also want the Sargent Master Crimp set: https://racespeconline.com/collectio...ls/Crimp-Tools

I've got the .64 Sargent tool which is awesome for some of the smaller 030/070 and sumitomo terminals, also handy for the weather seals that require a round crimp which the standard PAD stuff isn't great at.

Comment

PAD01 set is about $170AUD from Hobbyking which may or may not be a good price?
      ---
      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Hobby King were mucking me around, so i went and got the PAD 01 from a local supplier today. Paid a few more dollars, about the same as the HK shipping.

Bloody nice piece of kit.

I already have bootlace crimpers for the solid Deutsch pins, so no worries there.
        Chris
        ------
        The new nugget
        I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

I think these are a pretty good buy. Molex brand, so you'd assume decent quality.

https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/..._content=Molex

I have PA-09 and PAD-13 Engineer stuff. They are really well made. The tension adjustment on the PAD-13 is a source of constant frustration.

I'm looking for something that does big open barrel stuff really well. Around 6-8mm terminals. I'm yet to find anything.

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
            I think these are a pretty good buy. Molex brand, so you'd assume decent quality.

https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/..._content=Molex

I have PA-09 and PAD-13 Engineer stuff. They are really well made. The tension adjustment on the PAD-13 is a source of constant frustration.

I'm looking for something that does big open barrel stuff really well. Around 6-8mm terminals. I'm yet to find anything.

The molex ones are good, but limited in crimp sizes and for the money the PAD01 is a better option for me. That said the PAD13 shouldn't have tension adjustment, its the same body as the PAD01 just with the No. 13 die alone.
            Chris
            ------
            The new nugget
            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

poor description. The pivot has a locking nut that needs constant attention.

Comment

Ah, yeah. I remember that from the older Engineer crimpers i had. I think i swapped it for a nyloc or conelok nut.
                Chris
                ------
                The new nugget

Comment

I bought one of these fuckers to do large gauge wiring lugs cheap as chips off ebay, works awesome and you get to use a hammer to make something.

Oo___oO

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
                    I bought one of these fuckers to do large gauge wiring lugs cheap as chips off ebay, works awesome and you get to use a hammer to make something.

I got one of these for like $20:

Also useful as a mini hydraulic press.
                    Chris
                    ------
                    The new nugget

Comment

This turned up a couple of days ago.

I've had a pair of their PA-09 for smaller terminals for a while, man I wish I'd bought this PA-21 ages ago.

Only complaint is the jaw is very narrow, you can see it's taken two crimps on this Yazaki terminal to complete it.

Otherwise I'm pleased with them.
                      Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                      Originally posted by nutttr
                      People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

The PA21 is a nice bit of kit. I quite like having the narrow jaws too, as it means that it works well for narrow connectors, like the Molex microfit stuff. But yeah, not so much auto stuff.
                        Chris
                        ------
                        The new nugget

Comment

Good thread,

I have the Kit as takai has and love it, expanding to a DMC item soon to do milspec items
                          CISCOKIDS
                          The Gentlemen's Club
                          Midnight Rocker

Comment

Working...
                          X