Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Dash Display

I am trying to figure out which dash display to put into the Rally Rolla.

Revs, oil pressure, water temp and speed are required as a basic set. I am used to a needle tacho readout.

I have a VDO fuel gauge which I got as a prize, so do not need that.

Oil temp and fuel pressure would be nice to haves.

I have a gear indicator for the sequential box, and the Motec M400 can give me warning lights for other failures if needed.

The Stack 700 series gives me the basics and the 800 series gives me a few other options. Both come with wiring looms and can be had for under $800 or $1400.

Motec or Racepack come with nice graphics, and a heap of stuff I would probably never use. (Do I really need data logging or GPS locating) A little more pricey and up to over $2000.
    I could use the money elsewhere.

Findings or reviews from people who use either would be appreciated.
    Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

The C125's do look pretty awesome, I built my own cluster from speedhut gauges for my turbo 2zz rolla but would have much preferred an LCD cluster

Comment

The racepak/Haltech display dash is a cheaper option if you don't want logging. Around the 700 mark from memory. You would need the motec interface for it as well though so it can get the can signal from the ECU.

Comment

If you don't need a reasonable dash display or logger, what about just using gauges? Sometimes gages may be better than the low end displays given your requirements.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by moylee19 View Post
          The racepak/Haltech display dash is a cheaper option if you don't want logging. Around the 700 mark from memory. You would need the motec interface for it as well though so it can get the can signal from the ECU.
          Would like to know where from.

All my research turns up something over $1200 and then I need the interface..
          Sturgeon's Revelation (sometimes referred to as his second law): Ninety percent of everything is CRAP

Comment

You can reasonably regularly pick up the logger dashes for ~$1200-1300 if you keep an eye out. I got mine for $1200 in 2011, and have seen that sort of price come up regularly while ive been searching for Racepak gear.
            Chris
            ------
            The new nugget
            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Ok. Haltech have the display only dash on their site for 949. Was a bit out, it's been a while since I have had the need to look for one.

650 on the racepak price list but that is US dollars.

Comment

They are different dashes hence the price difference.. If you want a price for one including the motec interface pm me
                im a cunt
                and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Originally posted by moylee19 View Post
                  Ok. Haltech have the display only dash on their site for 949. Was a bit out, it's been a while since I have had the need to look for one.

650 on the racepak price list but that is US dollars.
                  Yeah, but Smee doesnt need the Haltech dash, the Racepak + Motec interface would do just fine.
                  Chris
                  ------
                  The new nugget
                  I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Semi hypothetical: would a HUD displaying configurable info be of interest to you (or any racers)?

Comment

FYI, just as a comparison, and not requiring any adapters to talk to the ECU,

the CDL3 dash by itself is $1892 inc GST, or as a logger $2470

the CDL3 and as a kit with complete wiring, GPS etc is $2420 or as a display kit and $2999 as a logging kit

The Colour C125 is $2392 as a display, or $2970 as a logger.

The C125 as a kit with wiring, GPS etc is $2810 as a display kit, or $3388 as a logging kit.

-Jamie

Comment

you can use the haltech dash to talk directly to the motec very easily and I has been done in the past.. you just have to do a user can channel on the ecu which is not hugely difficult just as you do to use a motec on a PCS dash
                        im a cunt
                        and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

My Engine builder has suggested the CDL3, and I just want to plug and play with no stuffing around.

Car is a complete rewire job, so it is just wiring the sensors into the ECU loom.

Comment

Just go the CDL3 then, less stuffing around is best.
                            Chris
                            ------
                            The new nugget

Comment

Originally posted by cossie55 View Post
                              Sometimes gages may be better than the low end displays given your requirements.
                              Please explain?

I see neater/more compact installation, warning lights, multiple shift lights , gear indicator and multiple info pages as advantages. The price difference is not much compared to decent quality gauges.

Comment

Working...
                              X