Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

basic efi....

my triumph is a 6 cylinder 2.5 with 2 hs6 carbs and a dizzy. im fuck sick of tuning and tweaking these antiquated peices of shit. the engine itself is a cracker, torquey and sounds awesome. id like to fit efi. i can make a manifold and have a decent grasp of what im doing.

the tricky question is, what ecu? megasquirt? vems? a basic haltec? microleb?

so pf ecu gods, teach me.

i will be adding a better cam and extractors aswell.
    Originally posted by Marv
    Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Out of the box any entry level ECU will be good enough. Megasquirt is a bit involved compared to the well known brands which I would stick to.

Adaptronic 440d
    Sprint 500

are you two main contenders I think. The Adaptronic is a million times more feature packed, but a less known brand. Similar price also but if it's supply and install I'm happy to help you out with a price for both.
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

im in country vic so it would be supply. can you quote a price on both, and what extra id need to get it running?
      Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

Comment

So the Megasquirt (or the Microsquirt) is good enough for a daily and really the only problem is the billionth bits of info about tweaking and hacking and making sense of the versions?
        ---
        Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Yeah I'd use a megasquirt in a daily. The hardware is pretty good, but as you said the info is a bit scattered and nonsensical to the average punter but once you work it out its simple as piss. I've just collected enough bits to convert my old man's chev motor to efi and its getting my old ms2 to run the show.
          Originally posted by Motherfucker Jones
          If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
          we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

Comment

ah so there are people on here who run ms. awesome. i did look at an ms1 v2.2 as a basic setup. is it worth going for an ms2 or ms3?

Comment

my 2.7L PI motor in the spitfire is running on a wolf ecu, plenty of better options but it runs fine, so it seems like pretty much any of the ecu's you mentioned would do a good job. can take pics if you need any details when fabbing stuff up? as you say torquey and sounds good.
              Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
              Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

When you say "basic efi" : Here's a *crazy* idea, but have you considered doing a massive tightarse conversion using the ecu from from something commonly available locally?

Plenty of options - maybe look at a bosch system from VK commodore for ultimate simplicity. No tuneability but likely to work flawlessly. The engine capacity isn't all that far off.

Advantage of not having to muck around with wiring. Just fab your injector bosses and rail, fuel system, tap in senders. Plug and play.
                Originally posted by myliberty
                My car is a broken heap of shit too, so we have something in common.
                13's for $1300: RX4/929 nugget.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
                  my 2.7L PI motor in the spitfire is running on a wolf ecu, plenty of better options but it runs fine, so it seems like pretty much any of the ecu's you mentioned would do a good job. can take pics if you need any details when fabbing stuff up? as you say torquey and sounds good.
                  I'd guess 1/2 the Triumphs in WA have Wolf ECUs. I used to supply the Triumph centre lots of them.
                  GURU ENGINEERING PTY LTD

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
                    pics would be great mate. cheers.
                    Originally posted by aaron_hogan View Post
                    When you say "basic efi" : Here's a *crazy* idea, but have you considered doing a massive tightarse conversion using the ecu from from something commonly available locally?

Plenty of options - maybe look at a bosch system from VK commodore for ultimate simplicity. No tuneability but likely to work flawlessly. The engine capacity isn't all that far off.

Advantage of not having to muck around with wiring. Just fab your injector bosses and rail, fuel system, tap in senders. Plug and play.
                    i thought of this, and decided on the next best thing megajolt spark control, with a view to running mega squirt next year. it uses ford bits so an old falcon should be usefull.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron_hogan View Post

Injection setup out of a VN commodore, $300 to mod the delco 808 to allow realtime tuning with open sauce software.
                      Originally posted by oioioioioi
                      I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
                      Originally posted by Sketchy
                      Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

Comment

yeah but who maps delco shit?

Comment

http://www.pcmhacking.net/forums/

Those dude's can help out.
                          Originally posted by oioioioioi
                          I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
                          Originally posted by Sketchy
                          Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

Comment

Originally posted by Soopy View Post
                            Injection setup out of a VN commodore, $300 to mod the delco 808 to allow realtime tuning with open sauce software.
                            if you look on delco hacking it can be done for substantially less than this. there are options to run the delco off an electronic dizzy, or a simple crank trigger setup with wasted spark. camira looms are much easier to use as the relays and fuses come out with the loom.
                            Originally posted by Skompa
                            The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Comment

that site scares me....

Comment

Working...
                              X