Haltech elite..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insulation thickness of PTFE is much thinner for the same voltage rating.
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

What's wrong with crosslinked PE? That's all I use as well as most major automakers. Is it not expensive enough for racing or something?

Comment

Originally posted by glenn View Post
        Any hookups for Tefzel wire? Havent been able to find a decent source of it.
        http://www.cambridgetechnologies.com...wire-and-cable

This stuff costs about 55 cents per metre

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
          Insulation thickness of PTFE is much thinner for the same voltage rating.
          I feel very sorry for anyone that needs to work with it. Bitch to strip.

I have a few rolls here that just collect dust as silicone and V90HT is a lot easier to work with and the looms I make take up the same duct space.

Comment

Originally posted by cub35 View Post
            i feel very sorry for anyone that needs to work with it. Bitch to strip.

I have a few rolls here that just collect dust as silicone and v90ht is a lot easier to work with and the looms i make take up the same duct space.
            but milspec bro
            Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Its all really a massive wank and an exorcise in spending money for the sake of it, your fancy connectors still go wrong and your tefzel wire will still rub through and chafe away if you let it.

Comment

What are these gauge art adapters roughly worth
                Seems like a good idea.

Comment

I think fucking heaps.. I'll check today
                  im a cunt
                  and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Saw that guage adaptor thing on fb. Pretty sure it was expensive and you are better off spending a little more and getting the non logging dash.

Comment

Can I put forward two spectacular features which should exist in all ECU's Dale, I trust you will forward them to the relevant parties.

Thermofan idle up conpensation - steps or duty increase when thermofan is running, much like the AC with a variable delay included. The thermofan one is a no brainer, most ECU's have this already. It stops the slight hickup when a thermo turns on. I know oyu can wire that to an input, but you can also add 4 lines of code to firmware and software :D

Target AFR for closed loop table - A separate table for closed loop fuel control. Tuning the base map to the target AFR is great, and ideal, but you can then have a much leaner cruise than the map can be tuned for and consider transients. You can't tune a base map to 15.5:1 on light throttle and cruise, because if you are a little out with throttle pump, ect enrich etc you get hesitations. you then have to tune it to 14.7 odd and then you don't really even need closed loop fuel control. A closed loop table could then be set to 15.5:1 so a slow PID can pull fuel on cruise to get a mint closed loop cruise lean as fuck.

The closed loop fuel control one
                      Jason Broadhurst

Comment

Originally posted by RSWEPN View Post
                        Saw that guage adaptor thing on fb. Pretty sure it was expensive and you are better off spending a little more and getting the non logging dash.
                        yeh $799... fuckn ouch
                        im a cunt

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
                          Can I put forward two spectacular features which should exist in all ECU's Dale, I trust you will forward them to the relevant parties.

Thermofan idle up conpensation - steps or duty increase when thermofan is running, much like the AC with a variable delay included. The thermofan one is a no brainer, most ECU's have this already. It stops the slight hickup when a thermo turns on. I know oyu can wire that to an input, but you can also add 4 lines of code to firmware and software :D

Target AFR for closed loop table - A separate table for closed loop fuel control. Tuning the base map to the target AFR is great, and ideal, but you can then have a much leaner cruise than the map can be tuned for and consider transients. You can't tune a base map to 15.5:1 on light throttle and cruise, because if you are a little out with throttle pump, ect enrich etc you get hesitations. you then have to tune it to 14.7 odd and then you don't really even need closed loop fuel control. A closed loop table could then be set to 15.5:1 so a slow PID can pull fuel on cruise to get a mint closed loop cruise lean as fuck.

The closed loop fuel control one
                          The idle stuff is already on there,

The target lambda table is 4d you can do what ever you want with it.. if it wont throttle nice then you need to tune the transients to get it to throttle nice.

But if you want cruse at 15.5:1 just set it to 15.5.. Or do it over road speed or what ever tickles your fancy!!
                          im a cunt

Comment

im a cunt

Comment

It has beaten me, i cant work out how to do it?
                              Jason Broadhurst

Comment

How to do what?
                                im a cunt

Comment

Working...
                                X