ECU Tunes and Installs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took it for a good drive today, the VVT went really well. Massively lean anywhere there is cam advance, which means VE has increased significantly.
    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Originally posted by elfturbomax View Post
      In the vid you appear to be discussing things as if the scaling is 1v/div however the scaling looks to be 2v/div.
      The initial problem is probably also a rookie mistake, it took me a while to find when I did one. It is not a problem with ECU channel thresholds.
      Good pickup, in which case the lower voltage is about 1v and upper is 6 odd, meeting the SPI threshold. I'm going to fit proper resistors tomorrow and try a a 5v pullup to see if that cleans up the noise and work out a 5v pull up resistor value.

Dyno tomorrow night
      Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

The problem is the sensor is being operated outside it's specifications. Because ...

Comment

Not sure what you are getting at. The sensor is a hall sensor, it's a coil of wire and some transistors. It requires a pullup, as the sensor itself, while being an active component, pulls down. The stock ECU had a pull up resistor inside it to lift voltage, and was programmed to suit whatever the on and off voltages ended up being. The sensor itself can run on ~3V to probably 24V. The pull up can then be anything between that.

The problem I had was that the ECU is armed when greater than 2V for the on voltage, and then is triggered as the voltage falls below 1V. With the internal pull up on the SPI, it didn't meet the on voltage of 2V, and then with a 1K1 external pullup it was too high. I ended up with a 9k7 pull up to 12V which gives a nice clean square wave and most importantly, keeps the ECU happy.

Obviously, using the internal pull up, and then having software adjustable trigger voltage thresholds would have been ideal, but that will come with later firmware updates. So with fixed ECU threshold voltages, I just adjusted the HALL voltages by way of pullup resistor to satisfy the ECU, an absolutely acceptable result.

The noise in my pictures was my scope lead on the dick I found out.
          Jason Broadhurst

Comment

What voltage does the ECU internal pullup connect to? 5, 8, 12 ?

Comment

It would likely be 5, given the hard coded voltage thresholds are 2V on and 1V off, but I didn't measure.
              Jason Broadhurst

Comment

have you tried more boost? I find that always works.
                Originally posted by psssi98
                It is also a concern that they are selling this to get a family car - meaning they have already bred.

Comment

This Ute is spastic enough with 8psi. Think 1uz with 8psi as they are same OEM power, torque and capacity.
                  Jason Broadhurst

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
                    This Ute is spastic enough with 8psi. Think 1uz with 8psi as they are same OEM power, torque and capacity.
                    god its like I don't even know you.. I don't like this negativity of "enough"
                    It is also a concern that they are selling this to get a family car - meaning they have already bred.

Comment

I suppose you think the soop needs more power too though LOL
                      Jason Broadhurst

Comment

It does if it wants to be the most powerful supra on pf

just sayin'
                        Originally posted by thebluerx7
                        The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
                          I suppose you think the soop needs more power too though LOL
                          well duuhh of course it needs more power

Originally posted by I'm DJ! View Post

just sayin'
                          challenge accepted
                          how much did I miss by lol..

Comment

>< that much
                            The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Originally posted by I'm DJ! View Post

just sayin'
                              So do you.
                              Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Shudduppayaface you

Comment

Working...
                                X