ECU Tunes and Installs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the scope a requirement to set a trigger pattern?
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Not at all. Just like most ECU's, you just select your motor from a list.

If your motor it isn't in the list(unlikely it wouldn't be), you can use the scope to obtain the settings to put in the ECU. Similar to if you have added your own toothed wheel setup, just put those settings in and or use the scope to confirm.

Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

I have a similar Tektronix TDS2XX scope here - missing a similar number of knobs etc. They just keep trucking
        Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

I've been meaning to get on ebay for new knobs... for like years.
          Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

but i like it, keep posting.
            www.holditflat.com

Comment

Are you going to put an Adaptronic on your Stagea??

Comment

I would really love to!

It would be very complex to do so however, due to the canbus and controlling the auto. I could run an Adaptronic alongside the stock ECU and get it working in a weekend, but I would love to replace the lot and have it all run from the ECU, perhaps even the auto computer.

To do so I would have to build a canbus to canbus converter to control the car side canbus requirements, which is something I wouldn't have time to do as it's my daily. On a side note, if done and working I could do a standalone R35 ECU which isn't something that is available readily yet.
                Jason Broadhurst

Comment

The stagea auto and throttle do need a touch up in the control department. Find I have to predict my driving a lot more than I'd like to. Having the throttle go when I pressed it or the auto change gears when I tell it (and not a full second or more later) would be magic. Thought about putting a faster solenoid box on the auto but again it's the family daily.

Having said that it's still my favourite family car I've ever had.
                  GAS 260Z RB26DET
                  GAS 1600 3SGE BEAMS

Comment

Its funny, in 2008 when I was looking at the way Andy set these up on the prototype (admittedly he didn't have the retard safe front side all going then) I was telling everyone how flexible and powerful these would be and all you heard was "jaycar shit mate".

Comment

So how exactly does the turbo wheel speed measurement help with tuning?
                      Im trying to work out how that data would be of any more use than say a pressure sensor on comp outlet.

Comment

Diagnostic mainly I expect - it would give you an easier way to determine where the turbo sits on its efficiency map during varying loads.
                        I think its more a "Thats cool" feature than anything else.
                        Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

Originally posted by Slides View Post
                          Its funny, in 2008 when I was looking at the way Andy set these up on the prototype (admittedly he didn't have the retard safe front side all going then) I was telling everyone how flexible and powerful these would be and all you heard was "jaycar shit mate".
                          That's because they often failed or in my case the 1280 just didn't work at all. 1280 is punching with the big boys price wise so don't expect it to take over the world. Nissan connector is gayer than aids too.
                          David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                          You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

These are advanced ECU's. Lets not let this run away with technophobia hey lads.

Turbo speed will be helpful to know when you are wasting your time adding boost, or it is something else restricting power being produced. It's not always a case of add boost until you dont make any more power, as other things can be the cause. This way we can know it isn't the turbo very easily.
                            Jason Broadhurst

Comment

The 1280 looks really neat. I'm running a 440 and can't really fault it. I've fed in oil and fuel pressure and I'm using the engine protection stuff for peace of mind.

I'd love to have a closer look at a 1280.

Comment

Happy to have a chat one day TimK, I'm in Nudgee if you are ever around.
                                Jason Broadhurst

Comment

Working...
                                X