ECU Tunes and Installs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only thing on paper that turns me off the adaptronic is the lack of canbus support... it would seem to really limit future options without it.

Comment

Originally posted by kneelo View Post
      Only thing on paper that turns me off the adaptronic is the lack of canbus support... it would seem to really limit future options without it.
      They are well aware of this, I believe they are already developing CAN interface options.

Comment

Can they drive a tacho without additional bullshit yet?

Comment

depends on your tacho. if the tacho was designed to run off the coil negative then you need to make a tacho booster. and by tacho booster i mean connecting 3 wires into a relay... pretty simple shit.
          1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
          The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Why can other Ecu's do this out of the box?

Comment

Meh, my tacho doesn't work anyway

#40yearolddatsunlifeyo
              Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
                None can, that I am aware of. All ECU tacho outputs are square wave, none are back emf voltage spikes.

The adaptronic have internal pullup resistors to drive a wider range of dash than most though.
                Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
                  Old school carby tacho=/= factory efi tacho.

Please show me a haltech, microtech, motech, megasquirt, Pectel/whatever without a CDI or direct injection driver module triggering an old school tacho.

Comment

Haltech e6x could drive a tacho out of the box with no fiddling that an e420c couldnt.

Comment

They don't sell e420c any more?

Comment

Hopefully not.

Comment

I've just replaced a 420C with a 440D on a mates car, 420C went well for the last 7 or so years until some heatshrink melted through and the ignition output shorted to 12V in the loom and blew an IC off the board :p
                          Was pretty straightforward to change over with the existing map

Comment

Originally posted by Slides View Post
                            Old school carby tacho=/= factory efi tacho.

Please show me a haltech, microtech, motech, megasquirt, Pectel/whatever without a CDI or direct injection driver module triggering an old school tacho.
                            Do it every week, only ecu's with useless outputs can't do it..
                            im a cunt
                            and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Tim is such a hater. It's only 3 wires into a relay you dumbass. Cunts like you probably expect your engine management system to do that for you.
                              David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                              You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

So without touching on the obvious fact that an adaptronic has fingered a few members wives in the past, I'll keep the thread going to help the interested.

The loom on this car was 80% OEM with 20% additional. The additional was added to the existing engine harness so that it is 100% OEM looking while having the extra goodies the new ECU can provide. Additions included; new coils, deleted igniter, 3 bar MAP, 3 extra injection wires for sequential injection, oil pressure, new cage type intake air temp (IAT), turbo speed, fuel pressure, wideband(serial comms).

Integrating to the factory harness is easy, it's just a matter of matching up existing pins, testing they are correct and then pinning to the new ECU plug. This is yet to be heat shrunk, but you get the picture of how OEM an install can look.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150513_214439.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.14 MB
ID:	6595642

Then, using the immense fingerbanging power of the adaptronic, I programmed some fault conditions to flash the stock check engine light. There will be 3 levels of flashing. Knock will have its own fast flash (as pictured). There is a medium flash will be for things which are out of spec but can still limp the car home ei; fuel pressure, AFR out of range etc. The final flash will be the oh shit pull over and pull the key flash, a 4 second sustained flash reserved for low oil pressure, over temp and other super critical things.

The 1280 also has plenty of internal memory, so every time (on the rising edge) a knock, over rev, over temp, etc etc happens, it adds 1 to a counter within the ECU. This allows you to later check faults which have happened since a last fault reset. This is detailed in the video also.
                                Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Working...
                                X