ECU Tunes and Installs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow! i have a plug and play adaptronic in my 180 and had no idea how powerful they were. am i right that the select range of ecus have quite a few funtions locked off when compared to a 440d?

Comment

Bloody hell that looks the goods. I thought my work was fairly tidy (with the exception of my own car), and I know what goes into it! Jason I'd love to have a chat at some stage.

slow180 the plug in ones aren't locked, they are just like a 440. It's the 420D which has features locked out (no auto tune, no fuel composition sensor/flex fuel support).

Comment

Select plug in can do pretty much everything a 440D can, just depends what I/O you are already using. If you want to change settings beyond the "default" plug in allocations you use the "hidden" menu to unlock the retard-proofing then you can change trigger settings/all the I/O from the PnP allocation if you want to wire additional stuff/flex fuel sensors/reprogram outputs etc. They don't have the open ended raw logic programming like the 1280 above however.

Comment

You can use the logic aux out functions, similar to how the new Haltech range do things. You select aux out 8 as logic rule 15 for instance. Then logic rule 15 is selected as TPS above 50% and RPM above 4000 will engage aux out 8. You can feed another and block in to logic rule 15, and cascade as many rules as you like.

It's how you program say water injection PWM from 50% duty to 100% duty only if above 50kPa(g) boost easily.
          Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

I got a 1280 off Jason

I've coded a bunch of stuff in it.

Engine light flash codes for 4 different faults. These are latched until cleared by driver using quick jab of throttle with zero road speed.
            Oil p/fuel p/egt/Afr drift from target protection/power cut
            Calculated stoic ratio of current ethanol concentration is part of fuel calc. 3D VE and ignition tables for 98 and E85 with blending. Seperate 98 and ethanol boost target maps with blending. Ecu automatically adjusts boost depending on ethanol content.
            Ethanol concentration displayed on r34 MFD screen if car is stationary. If car moving injector duty is displayed instead.
            Windowed knock control with timing advance ramp after timing pulled due to knock event. There is a fuel quality value that sums knock events over time. If enough knock events occur the ecu will pull more and more advance from ignition table. This is quality value is reset when you refill the car with new fuel by holding tps 100% with engine off. logged engine light faults are cleared with tps 100% engine running and zero road speed.
            Flat shift logic calculates required RPM target from road speed. Ecu stores last known gear and calculates required target rpm for next gear at current road speed for a seamless upshift. When shift complete timing retard ramps back to full advance at a user set degrees/second rate to reduce shock load on gearbox.

That's all for now. Current calc rate is 400hz. Which is one recalc per ignition event at 8000rpm. Should be quick enough.

Oo___oO

Comment

Damn, I get the feeling I bought the wrong ECU!

Comment

Burn4005 is just showing off :D

The 440 is a spectacular ECU considering it's alternatives in the price bracket.
                Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

What's better about it compared to equivalent ecu's?
                  David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                  You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

Just looking at the programming environment in Burn4005's thread... Looks like PID block built in which is pretty cool. definitely a powerful environment. Does it give you a full programming environment, custom function block, structured text etc.?

Comment

Just function block logic Pupat. No custom function blocks, but you can dedicate a page to some big logic chunks and reference elsewhere for simplicity.

Kinda like the way I do flashing. tick boxes enable a fault to flash, a selector block directs the 1 to which flash speed I want, and then the back end deals with it.
                      Jason Broadhurst

Comment

Cool, still pretty powerful.

Comment

I wonder how long it'll be before they do support custom function blocks written in something like LUA.
                          Now that would be awesome.

Comment

That would be pretty cool

Not being a PLC, it doesn't have a MASSIVE amount of blocks. It does have everything you need to do anything you want, but often it has to be a few steps removed from the ideal logic with the smallest amount of blocks. CPU time would be identical, because of the mechanics used by those more complex blocks is the same as you end up writing anyway, but it could save small mounts of programming time.
                            Jason Broadhurst

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
                              That would be pretty cool

Not being a PLC, it doesn't have a MASSIVE amount of blocks. It does have everything you need to do anything you want, but often it has to be a few steps removed from the ideal logic with the smallest amount of blocks. CPU time would be identical, because of the mechanics used by those more complex blocks is the same as you end up writing anyway, but it could save small mounts of programming time.
                              Yeah it would be nice to write in Structure Text or something and build more complex function blocks but it'd likely add a fair chunk of overhead compared with programming it using their basic blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
                                What's better about it compared to equivalent ecu's?
                                im a cunt
                                and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Working...
                                X