Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Absolutely beautiful work.

Under steer is hitting the wall with your front end. Over steer is hitting the wall with your tail end. Horsepower if how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how much of the wall you take with you after you hit it.

Comment

I wish my wiring was that nice haha. Halfway through putting an M2000 on a mates 2JZGTE aristo at the moment, just a splice job as he's keeping most of the factory stuff and can't be fucked doing a whole loom:

1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
        The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

anyone else had issues with dirt and grime getting into the loom with the braided sleeve?

I tend to use it minimally now and stick with the OEM type PVC or whatever it is tubing.

The braided stuff became a real pain on one car in particular that had a habit of overflowing it's catch can and overflow bottle

I've got almost full rolls of the braided stuff in pretty much the full range of sizes so it's a bit of a shame

Comment

Originally posted by jasonp1977 View Post
            anyone else had issues with dirt and grime getting into the loom with the braided sleeve?

I tend to use it minimally now and stick with the OEM type PVC or whatever it is tubing.

The braided stuff became a real pain on one car in particular that had a habit of overflowing it's catch can and overflow bottle

I've got almost full rolls of the braided stuff in pretty much the full range of sizes so it's a bit of a shame
            No issues for me using the braided stuff. Occasionally gets caught on something when pulling the loom, but that is easily resolved with better Pclips.
            Chris
            ------
            The new nugget
            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

I would prefer PVC sleeve personally, but it's much of a muchness. I don't subscribe to heat shrink loom group, because it tends to make things far to rigid, almost composite(wire, glue and dual walled tube) hard.

I actually use kapton tape under most of the big glued heat shrink sections to avoid glue ingress in to the trunk of wires.

The heat shrink is all 120 degree rated.
              Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

I dont use braided sleeve because as soon as you decide you want to add another sensor or realise you hooked up the wrong wire somewhere you need to chop it up. Nitto tape and split tubing ftw

In terms of heatshrink I use mastic-lined stuff to help keep joints sealed. Just jaycar stuff cos im lazy and dont do enough of this stuff to warrant anything more than that, I just help friends wire up shit from time to time
                1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
                The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Some people want heatshrink, some want braid, some are happy with a wrapped split tube loom.

Provided any type is done well your laughing.

Comment

This is what i ended up with

All up its not as nice as some i have seen and worked with, and its certainly not motorsport/milspec quality. But its functional and will work well enough.
                    Chris
                    ------
                    The new nugget
                    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Who did you get the braid through?

Comment

Looks pretty damn good from here

Comment

Originally posted by sssgtr View Post
                          Who did you get the braid through?
                          Red and black i cant remember, was left over from the AE86. The straight black stuff is Jaycar.
                          Chris
                          ------
                          The new nugget

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post

Red and black i cant remember, was left over from the AE86. The straight black stuff is Jaycar.
                            This shit?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191021_230204.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	7084263
                            Attached Files

Comment

Nah. This stuff
                              https://www.jaycar.com.au/expandable...-x-2m/p/WH5585
                              Chris
                              ------
                              The new nugget

Comment

Thanks Chris, harness looks good.

Comment

Working...
                                X