DIY Ardunio Project

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, I'll have a look at what's got pull-ups, that's something I've not clarified, ta

Everything is 5v, no mixed voltages anywhere (though I'll go double check all the jumpers now)

Clock speed I'll fiddle with once ive checked/confirmed hardware/wiring.

Im also going to try changing the temp sensor address (even though it doesn't appear to conflict, changing it might do something?)
    Mit freundlichen Grüße

Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
    "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Got a scope?
      Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Nope. Prob would be helpful tho. Those el cheapo mini digital one on eBay fit for purpose?
        Mit freundlichen Grüße

"I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Not for comms really.
          Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

yeah, then no.

wonder if i can find an ancient CRT scope for not much on gumtree
            Mit freundlichen Grüße

Comment

Home from work in Aust and had my shapeways waiting for me proceeded to promptly cut up and install a myriad of super seal fittings (though my 5pims haven’t turned up - grumble).

All kindve working out ok so far. Will make cable routing sensible/traceable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	497395DB-7A74-4394-A7FB-FA37F3C05AA9.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	6612013
              Mit freundlichen Grüße

Comment

Very tidy man
                Jason Broadhurst

Comment

yo, i have a scope but u building this over there yeah?
                  www.holditflat.com

Comment

Yeah, muddling away with it over here.

Weird temp sensor/gps incompatibility persists

Originally posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
                    Very tidy man
                    thanks broseph. i like neat... especially stuff like this, otherwise the spaghetti gets wayyy out of hand
                    Mit freundlichen Grüße

Comment

Ed, where did you get to on this one? Did you just go with the RaceCapture Pro in the end?

Looks like you got far further along than my little effort: http://www.performanceforums.com/for...logger-Project
                      Chris
                      ------
                      The new nugget
                      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

nope, the coder who was helping me ended up being a waste of time, and its not something i can really dedicate the time to at present to learn.

the race chrono otherwise does pretty much what i want, just the tyre temp sensor expansion part ends up being more expensive (albeit simpler, and known to work).

still have some ideas which could be interesting to implement (active aero) so have the gear still hanging around, but well and truly on the back burner.

that said, if anyone wants essentially new hardware, id sell it on
                        Mit freundlichen Grüße

Comment

Originally posted by doctor ed View Post
                          nope, the coder who was helping me ended up being a waste of time, and its not something i can really dedicate the time to at present to learn.

the race chrono otherwise does pretty much what i want, just the tyre temp sensor expansion part ends up being more expensive (albeit simpler, and known to work).

still have some ideas which could be interesting to implement (active aero) so have the gear still hanging around, but well and truly on the back burner.

that said, if anyone wants essentially new hardware, id sell it on
                          Fair enough. Are you settled on the RaceCapture Pro that is in the 110 then?
                          Chris
                          ------
                          The new nugget
                          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                          X