Emtron KV ecus

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can just terminate a cat6 cable into the ECU plug though. its nothing proprietary.

then use a female cat6 wall socket mounted to a kick panel or something

Oo___oO

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, I do remember that now. It's what I had planned to do in the first place when I was planning what i/o I need.

Comment

So Emtron pretty much wiped the table at WTAC... Thats all...

Comment

Any/stat details on that claim?
          Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Originally posted by sssgtr
            Were any WTAC entries running Motec ecus?
            emtron had given all the motec runners free ecu's
            im a cunt
            and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

I deleted my post because it was kind of retarded.

How much truth is there to that dale?

Comment

about as much as the ecu making a car fast around a track when its all aero that makes or breaks it.
                im a cunt

Comment

iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

Comment

I would also like free emtron

Lol

Comment

I think If i was at the pointy end of that field i'd rather be using i2/gems/racestudio 3 for comparative log analysis, I'm currently working on getting a 50hz GPS module working with mine over canbus to the KV8.

But I guess they're all still running Motec dash loggers (RP968 is an emtron ecu with a motec dash) so i2 is still available to them.

the sequential gearbox control (closed loop paddle shift control/shift stacking etc) and the driver torque request throttle mapping in the Emtron is very trick though. (motecs GPRP can do this stuff, but Motec and Emtron are the only options around this price point).

The DBW BOV the time attack cars are doing with the Emtron is also a neat trick to maintain compressor speed.

not a bad deal getting a ecu for free instead of the $5100+ a M150 GPRP would set you back

Oo___oO

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
                        about as much as the ecu making a car fast around a track when its all aero that makes or breaks it.
                        I disagree. with DBW turbo cars with integrated paddle shifted gearbox control, the pedal demand/torque request mapping can make a massive difference to the drivability of a peaky 1000+hp car. you can ask for 760nm with your foot and the ecu does the rest, and blend car speed/lateral G force into that demand table to account for grip due to aero load/traction circle differences.

Oo___oO

Comment

I know how it all works, its nothing new, these cars have so much aero that they are under powered,

people don't take off M150s because they are paying for another ecu..
                          im a cunt

Comment

I'd like to know why they're taking off M150s at all

Oo___oO

Comment

Sponsorship and free engineering would be pretty enticing.

I should have entered my barina with the old M4 in my drawer.
                              Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
                                I'm currently working on getting a 50hz GPS module working with mine over canbus to the KV8.
                                RCP v2 or v3? Or other GPS unit?

Comment

Working...
                                X