Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emtron KV ecus

Thought I'd start a new thread specifically for these.

With Torque Management and Traction Control, if DBW is enabled, does either of these 2 rely solely on cutting fuel and/or spark, or can DBW be setup / mapped to reduce throttle to control torque output or detected wheel slip?

Application is turbo FWD without a proper clutch type diff.

Throttle, ignition, fuel, boost. Based off any speed runtime, or you can make acceleration runtimes, or time based or gps.
    Originally posted by Bosshoggett
    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

Thought so - haven't had nearly enough time to dig further into Emtune. Cheers!

Comment

When i initially set up tractioncontrol (i dont use the TC feature pr say but one of the rpm limiters. But thats beside the point anyway) on a previous firmware before it became torque based, i used a throttle target offsettable where i used drive slip as an axis. This way when driveslip exeded 4% it started closing progressively as i crept up on my targeted slip %.
        I also had boost target based on TPS so boost also went down as TPS closed. The rest was done with ignition retard and fuel cut (the limiter itself). This worked extreemly well.

Now on the current firmware you cant do it the same way but there are other ways. You can use two "pedal to throttle demand translation table"`s where one is the main one and the other is your minimum table. Then use Z-axis to interpolate between the two where the z axis i set up with drive slip or traction target error. Just as an example. Then use boost target offsets based on driveslip as well. Or traction target error. Or whatever you want.
        Alot of the things you can do isnt obvious at first sight as there might not be a dedicated function for what you want to do. You just need to use your imagination to make it do what you need sometimes.

Comment

Thanks for that.

Have another retarded question - are most of the ecu functions unavailable to modify when running a public trial license of Emtune?

I ask because I can't seem to configure a z-axis on any tables.

Comment

you have to enable the Z-axis function for the table you want in the table control section.

example:
            Engine Functions -> Torque Management -> Pedal to throttle demand table control

then if you set the table control to option 6 it will unlock/activate the Z-axis table for that parameter which is under
            Engine Functions -> Torque Management -> Pedal to throttle demand Z-axis

then you can blend the 3 throttle maps together using any fraction between 1 and 3, so

1=table 1 value
            1.25=weighted 3:1 towards table 1 value from table 2
            2=table 2 value
            2.5 = 1/2way between 2 and 3
            3 = table 3 value

and you could then use Traction target error for axis of Z-axis table so as your slip error increases you can bleed off throttle. between table 1 (ideal) and 2 (some slip) you could be conservative, then table 3 could be all 0% throttle for an aggressive throttle roll off.

Oo___oO

Comment

Thanks mate, I'll have a play with it after.

Comment

Makes perfect sense now that I managed to get it working in Emtune. I was getting confused because of Z axis coming out with a singular value (i.e. X axis not enabled).

Pretty damn powerful....but also pretty damn confusing!

Comment

One more for tonight - are these the TE Super Seal p/n's for A, B, C and D connectors?

A: 3-1437290-8
                  B: 4-1437290-1
                  C: 2-1437285-3
                  D: 3-1437290-7

$170 for a $75 connector kit is a bit silly.

Comment

3-1437290-7 26pin Key1A
                    3-1437290-8 26 pin Key2B
                    4-1437290-0 34 Pin Key1A
                    4-1437290-1 34 Pin Key2B
                    3-1447221-4 1.0 female pins

Oo___oO

Comment

Legend. :h5:

Comment

It will stop being confusing as soon as you wrap your head around how it "thinks".

The newer versions are no longer demo versions. Its full blown no expiring software.

emtron.world (incase you didnt know of this site)

Comment

Which is odd - everytime I run Emtune, I get a notification saying I only have X days left before it expires.

Might try the package from emtron.world as opposed to emtron.com.au.

Comment

Originally posted by sssgtr View Post
                            $170 for a $75 connector kit is a bit silly.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                            Hahahaha...ok....so 120 terminals, blanking plugs, wire seals and the 4 connectors comes up to $150 through Element 14.

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
                              3-1437290-7 26pin Key1A
                              3-1437290-8 26 pin Key2B
                              4-1437290-0 34 Pin Key1A
                              4-1437290-1 34 Pin Key2B
                              3-1447221-4 1.0 female pins

Digikey Pricing (this is in AUD)

$0.525 per pin for order of 100+

$108.73

Use Octopart.com part search engine for cheapest stuff.

Oo___oO

Comment

Working...
                              X