Auto transmission controllers?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people need to stop building automotive electronics with fucken molex connectors. jesus

keen to hear how it goes
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Yeah tell me about it. Kit stuff. It is epoxy filled so there is atleast that. Will live behind the glove box. Will send off my A343e valve body to MV tomorrow. Have some billet accuators on their way. Should be enough for what I want for now.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
        people need to stop building automotive electronics with fucken molex connectors. jesus

keen to hear how it goes
        This x2
        Originally posted by ALLMTR
        the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

Interested to see how you go, been curious about this one.

I'll be running the JZS161 auto in my IS300, 12 pin case plug (temp was lumped into it) with the 4 shift solenoids. Looks like Al got it working on that BMW with the TCM-2000, but sounds like he a hard time too.
          Mate had the same setup in his IS300, was a real cunt to get going and was never 100%, would not recommend.
          At this stage I'm thinking about using the aristo ecu in the IS, as the body coms line up mostly and it can do the auto. But would need to make it think it still has the toyota TB, otherwise it goes into limp mode. Planning on giving it pedal position and TPS, hopefully that works?

Other options could be proefi or syvecs ($$$$) for engine and trans control.

Comment

Yep, installed, working great! Have the steering wheel tiptronics working with it as well.

Only negative so far with the Spitronics is the resolution in the shift map. You have basically 6 points per gear to change the down and up shift points based on TPS and RPM.

The stock A34Xe temp sensor doesn't seem to play nice as it wants a 2K or 10K type of temp sensor. I think off memory it's something like 5K. But the scale is completely wrong. I'm going to put in a sensor into the cooler line.

Doing a full Aristo swap would be the best way and Yury has special KGB box to help with MPX network and having a fully functioning fuel gauge. Then you pretty much need to decide on a aftermarket ECU to control the engine and DBW. There are a couple that do support the ETCS-i throttle (Link, Motec, Emtron) and others that will need a different DBW throttle if you want to retain DBW.

Personally I wouldn't go with ProEFI, it's well supported in the States but here you have a slim pickings of tuners that know it. It's always better to pick a tuner then ask what they have experience with and then choose your ECU with the features you want.

Decide what you want out of the car too, if you want to keep all the street car stuff like Traction Control, Cruise Control, VSC, Air Con, speed sensitive power steering etc.. find out what you will loose or gain with different products and then choose what you can live without.

Comment

Found this and thought I'd share. They set up an auto in the elite 2500, no real detail but shows it can be done.

Skip to 4:37

Comment

yeh I have done 4l80 on the elite.. works well, I used a IO box to control it all.
                im a cunt
                and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Is it variable shift points based off load, or manualised with the shifter as inputs? Looks cool as!
                  Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

full auto with stick inputs so you can put the stick in 2 and it will stay in 2 or put the stick in D and it will full auto...
                    im a cunt

Comment

Very cool man!
                      Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

it will be a public release this year some time i hope.

I/O is the only problem now, hence using a IO box to do it
                        im a cunt

Comment

I'm wanting to give the auto control with an elite a go.
                          on that video it looks like they have used generic inputs and outputs to set it up.
                          there is a shift table with speed vs throttle. and looks like they have the solenoid outputs configured to use the shift table vs intake cam target, i'm guessing they have somehow used this cam target to capture gear position selector.
                          what other inputs and outputs have others used to make this work?

Comment

Working...
                          X