Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto transmission controllers?

Anyone know know other auto controllers on the market?

Compushift
    PCS TCM-2800
    US Shift

Seems it is very hard to find a controller that will control a A343e (Tiptronic A340, 8 pin case plug)

Marks 4WD (dealer of PCS) said that they just don't have calibrations for the A343s in the TCM 2800 at the moment, I know the 2000 controls the A340e fine but they are now superseded with the 2800. I've emailed PCS for a full story so hopefully something in the works.

Compushift support a 5 pin A340, not the 8 pin..

US Shift was recommended to me by Marks 4WD but don't have any calibrations for the A340 anyway.

Megashift seems to be thrown around but also seems be very "hacked".

What other options are there?

Just change the valve body to a 5 pin. And PCS is gayer than aids but you being a computer boffin should be able to make it behave.
    David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
    You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

PCS hardware is fine, software is meeh, support is fucking useless! used the TCM-2000 on late model A340's with line pressure control without issue, never bothered with paddle shift... will cross that bridge when I try and get the A761e to work!
      Originally posted by ALLMTR
      the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

Yes the software is junk, hardware is fine. hopefully they have fixed all the glaring fuckups with the new version.
        Did your A340s have 4 shift solenoids or 2?
        David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
        You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

I quite liked the PCS software haha. It's a complicated system, and very hard for software engineers to develop an interface as well as they have.

Very powerful transmission computers.
          Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

friend of mine has the megasquirt shift controller on his soarer. seems to work much better than the suprastick i have in mine. but yes it is very DIY like all megasquirts
            1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
            The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

nice, I've got microsquirt im looking to sell soon, it can be reflashed with the required shift firmware.

Comment

I canít seem to find it online but someone completed and shared the script for an Arduino powered trans controller for an A340. I would think it be less than $200 fitted

Comment

how much do all the aspergers therapy sessions cost though?
                  1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
                  The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Yeah, I don't mind tinkering but Arduino controlling an auto sounds something Andy would do. I'd still be here 5 years later still trying to get it perfect. Tim would be saying dig up again. :D

The TCM-2000 is listed as supporting the A343e, the loom they supply is even for the 8 pin. WHY oh farkin WHY did they not carry it over to the 2800.. Can't buy a 2000 anymore.. Rare as rocking horse shit on the 2nd hand market.

Tried to message PCS, nothing on email or facebook. Might need to get some 50c pieces together and dial 0011.

This one shows it supports the A343e as well
                    http://www.spitronics.com/products/i...wMHBlazI=+MjA3
                    South African, looks like a thing from 2001.

Comment

Tried to use the 2800 software could not even make a new file without it crashing! they probably have a new version not on the website...

you could also try ballenger motorsports the guy that runs that is the guy that actually made the TCM-2000 AFAIK and is more than happy to do config files for a fee, probably has a box of tcm-2000's in the attic too...
                      Originally posted by ALLMTR
                      the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

I tried going through all this for a NAG1. Furthest I got was Compushift No, US Shift No, TCM-2800 maybe. They seem to think it might work, but can't guarantee it.

Really made me want to spend $1250+ finding out!

Ended up going with an A-518 instead, because it only has two wires.

Comment

So I ended up ringing PCS, they basically said that it won't work (the 2800) as they don't have a calibration for it or plan too.. So that is off the table.

Got a quote back from Spitronics for the Neptune 2. With loom and shipping, $360US. A343e fully supported. Not bad. Less of a gamble. Couldn't play much with the software as it needs to have a unit connected.

Comment

Almost Overnight parts from Seth Aferkar. Got the Mercury 2 with TCU firmware.

If it is shit, it is shit. If it works great, winner winner.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of stuff.

Main loom with relay and 4 position switch.
                              Con2 is a shifter switch.
                              Push buttons for tiptronic (going to use my existing steering wheel ones).
                              The ECU/TCU itself.
                              USB connector.
                              A diode board for SLT/SLU
                              Stickers and software.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X