Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
    Use a reluctor, those things are nothing but trouble.
    This.
    Hall effect sensors will always be more fragile than a reluctor (aka VR) sensor.

Hall effect sensors have a decent amount of circuitry inside them which need a reliable source of power, low heat, etc.

A VR sensor is just a super simple potted coil of wire. Nothing more.
    They can initially be more difficult to get working compared to hall effect (depending on the ECU used), but once it is working, it'll probably outlive the engine.

Comment

just use the right sensor for the job... be it hall or VR...
      im a cunt
      and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

can anyone explain to me what is wrong with a hall sensor when used within its design parameters (target profile, response time, pullup etc)?

I've never had a problem.

Oo___oO

Comment

nothing at all... if there was I wouldn't have one on my race car...
          im a cunt

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
            can anyone explain to me what is wrong with a hall sensor when used within its design parameters (target profile, response time, pullup etc)?

I've never had a problem.
            WHat is wrong is that dumb cunts make kits using sensors that are not suitable and sell them to dumber cunts and then I have to deal with them when they don't work. Shit like converting a 2JZ to cherry sensors, wtff.
            David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
            You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

get mad al!

Comment

The 1GT101s I've used were good for over 1kHz, and never failed me.

Hall circuitry is all solid state and depending on the manufacturer, higher quality low level filtering than any ECU has, and better intrinsic EMC design.

I think your 36 tooth crank with a Hall will be fine Alex
                Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

his 36 tooth crank trigger will be fine with a hall designed for that, a GT101 is not designed for that use, yes it may work but chances are it will fail.. I found 24 teeth at 5000 rpm was the limit on my car with a 8in balancer
                  its been a while since I looked up the specs but it was something like a 12 tooth wheel 4.5in dia to 4500rpm max.

now the EFI hardware hi speed version I have personally used on a 36-1 to 9000rpm with zero issues.
                  im a cunt

Comment

I need a threaded sensor to replace a stock VR one for a 60-2 pickup. With the current flywheel there’s now a 4mm air gap. Al, Dale, would the hall sensor type as sold by EFI Hardware be Appropriate to use here? Is there a threadded VR option?
                    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

it would work but no threaded option. all the threaded ones i have used i would not use for engine position ever again
                      im a cunt

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                        I need a threaded sensor to replace a stock VR one for a 60-2 pickup. With the current flywheel there’s now a 4mm air gap. Al, Dale, would the hall sensor type as sold by EFI Hardware be Appropriate to use here? Is there a threadded VR option?
                        what is the od of the sensor you have now? there's a few options for threaded vr sensors. the most common ones i deal with are 5/8 and 3/4 unf. they're relatively long in the body (~80mm) which may be an issue.
                        Originally posted by Skompa
                        The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Comment

thanks gents!
                          that's pretty big. the bore is only about 15mm.
                          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                          my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

for anyone that comes across this thread.

ran the ZF GS101205 sensor on a Motec 145mm 36-2 wheel on monday on the dyno, up to a 8500rpm limiter zero trigger errors all day. would bang again

Oo___oO

Comment

good to know, thanks for the feedback
                              im a cunt

Comment

Working...
                              X