X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GT101 hall effect sensor alternative?

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/23...iABEgIlCvD_BwE

Since these are the go-to for a lot of aftermarket EMS such as Motec etc etc... and now they're NLA

What's a good alternative for hall effect sensors on crank and cam systems?

Thanks cunts
    '84 Supra 7MGTE
    '86 Supra 1JZGTE track
    '99 Supra GTX35 VVTi
    '19 Supra B58C

PSN: RyleyMA61
    Steam: FapPappy61

http://switches-sensors.zf.com/us/pr...sensor-gs1012/

Comment

I bought one earlier in the year from efi dynamics
      Originally posted by 50RTD
      Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Use a reluctor, those things are nothing but trouble.
        David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
        You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

This is the reluctor sensor I'm using, almost fits in the same mount as a GT101
          https://www.bosch-motorsport-shop.co...e-speed-sensor

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
            Use a reluctor, those things are nothing but trouble.
            pls elaborate?

I was eyeing off the GS1012, seems decent.

Thanks guys
            '84 Supra 7MGTE
            '86 Supra 1JZGTE track
            '99 Supra GTX35 VVTi
            '19 Supra B58C

PSN: RyleyMA61
            Steam: FapPappy61

Comment

Itís difficult to get clean signals throughout the rev range with those types of sensors when used for engine position. Reluctors work fine. Note that they do not list engine position as an application on those sensors. Yes they can work but they often donít.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
              You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

A mate just lunched his big $ SR20 using a GT101. Was fine on a 12 tooth, lost it's shit at higher RPM with a 36 tooth wheel.

Comment

Should be no issues with OEM toyota sensors
                  Originally posted by ALLMTR
                  the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
                    A mate just lunched his big $ SR20 using a GT101. Was fine on a 12 tooth, lost it's shit at higher RPM with a 36 tooth wheel.
                    I'd expect a 36 tooth would need to be flywheel sized given target requirements.....might be unfair to blame the sensor if running something like the usual steel ring at typical front pulley dimensions. Only problem I've had occur, is when the sensor was mounted upside down and the arm relaxed sufficiently after several years from radiant heat to alter the air gap, but still ran fine when cold. Lots of head scratching trying to diagnose that one.

Comment

I am using a ZF GS101205 on a 145mm 36-2 motec wheel. sensor was also supplied by motec. same form factor so can be used wherever a GT101 mount is specified.

http://switches-sensors.zf.com/us/pr...ensor-gs101205

also Ross (balancers) sell the threaded barrel cherry sensors with an adaptor that allows them to be installed in a GT101 mount.

Have scope traces to 8800rpm. no issues. never had a logged Tooth error on the ECU.

you need the following to have no issues with Hall sensors. people think these things are wire up and go, but if you don't set a trigger with an oscilliscope you are inviting disaster. a missed tooth is a full 10 degrees ignition advance on a 36 tooth wheel.

-fully screened signal cable from ECU to sensor
                      -A sufficiently low impedance pullup for the max frequency you require (signal rise time)
                      -Rigid sensor mount for consistent air gap
                      -Small air gap (<1mm)
                      -appropriate sized target wheel within tooth pitch specs for sensor and as little runout as possible (available on sensor spec sheets)
                      -tooth duration at maximum speed must be >50us for a cherry hall sensor to reliably respond (my 145mm wheel with a 33% tooth area (4.2mm/8.4mm) is 61us/tooth at 9000rpm)

if you haven't checked all the above is within spec you will have a bad time.

Also, as good as VR sensors are purported to be, on missing tooth wheels If your gap profile isn't correct you can have missed trigger events when the reset tooth comes past.

Oo___oO

Comment

who ever put a gt101 on a 36 tooth wheel is a idiot.. they are rated to 4500rpm on a 12 tooth wheel.. its all in the spec sheet...
                        im a cunt
                        and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

if wanting to use a direct replacement that works this is the one to use

https://www.efihardware.com/products...gh-RPM-Version

i use this on our race car with a laser cut steel wheel and it works perfectly..
                          im a cunt
                          and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
                            who ever put a gt101 on a 36 tooth wheel is a idiot..

yep thats a pretty good character assessment.

Comment

Haltech? PS2000?
                              Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Working...
                              X