Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current hotness for ECU input sensors (air/coolant temp, fuel/oil pressure)

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assume he is using the same as me, they are m10 x 1.0.

Comment

Same question then, especially given that the pressure ports on the BP will be 1/8 NPT.
      Chris
      ------
      The new nugget
      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Drill and tap or just remote mount
        3D scanning
        3D modelling
        Structural certification
        3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
          Drill and tap or just remote mount
          Given that oil and fuel pressure/temp will both be taken off AN adapter fittings that really isnt an option.
          Chris
          ------
          The new nugget
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
            Same question then, especially given that the pressure ports on the BP will be 1/8 NPT.
            https://www.efisolutions.com.au/stra...ic-m10-x-1.0-p

Oo___oO

Comment

Ah nice, that solves it. I was only finding the reverse. i.e.: https://outlawspeed.com.au/shop/au2265
              Chris
              ------
              The new nugget

Comment

Goleby's sell the Bosch sensor with a range of adaptors to suit, if that helps:

https://www.golebysparts.com.au/stor...erature-sensor
                Norbie!

Comment

Yep, M10x1.0

Alternatively, M10 actually fits remarkably closely to 1/8" BSP - other than it's not a tapered thread. You can run the M10x1.0 sensors, with a bit of thread sealant, in that fitting without issue.
                  '84 Supra 7MGTE
                  '86 Supra 2JZGE track
                  '99 Supra GTX35 VVTi
                  '19 Supra B58 <3

PSN: RyleyMA61
                  Steam: FapPappy61

Comment

So, these Bosch sensors. How are they for vibration resistance?

Planning on one for oil pressure/temp, but with remote mounting it relies on capillary conduction for temperature, rather than full flow. But to get it in flow it will need to be block mounted...
                    Chris
                    ------
                    The new nugget

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
                      So, these Bosch sensors. How are they for vibration resistance?

Planning on one for oil pressure/temp, but with remote mounting it relies on capillary conduction for temperature, rather than full flow. But to get it in flow it will need to be block mounted...
                      Remote won't work
                      3D scanning
                      3D modelling
                      Structural certification
                      3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

They wont work for temp remotely.
                        Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Yeah, thats what i thought, hence asking about how they do for vibration.
                          Chris
                          ------
                          The new nugget

Comment

For the temp sensor you can just use the old faithful Bosch 0 280 130 026 which is the coolant temp sensor used in just about everything. They are 12x1.5 so you'll need to tap your sump or weld on a bung. They are happy to live on thermostat housings so heat and vibration are not really an issue. I like to get the 90 boots for the plugs so that you can keep the wire well supported to prevent vibration fatigue, Steve at EFI Hardware has these.
                            The Bosch 0 261 545 xxx range of sensors are OEM diesel direct injection jobs so I assume they are reasonably well tested for vibration and so forth, but I have my oil pressure remote mounted because a failure is going to be fucking ugly.
                            If anyone is planning to use the Bosch 10x1mm sensors for brake pressure - FYI it's hard to find a good fitting that has sufficient thread depth for the sensor, all the aftermarket brake adaptor things don't give enough thread engagement.

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
                              Those DTM air and coolant sensors are great until you try and undo one and they shear off.

None of the TI or Honeywell sensors are reliable unless you spend $100s mounting them remotely which you should not have to do. May as well buy china copies.
                              OE stuff like the pressure/temp sensors is more likely to continue working than the "MotorSport" sensors that are actually shit designed to be screwed on the side of manufacturing equipment in a pineapple cannery.

Buyer beware.
                              use Teflon paste on the 1/8 sensors not locktight or superglue and they come out easy as pie..
                              ive never had a Honeywell sensor fail, I have sensor on my car that are 12 years old and still going strong, ive only ever had 1 TI fail as well..
                              im a cunt
                              and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Ive already ordered the pressure and temp sensor, so i reckon ill just run it inline on the turbo oil feed with an AN fitting and soft mount it to the firewall behind the head.
                                Chris
                                ------
                                The new nugget

Comment

Working...
                                X