Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current hotness for ECU input sensors (air/coolant temp, fuel/oil pressure)

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh nice, that would have been good to know last year!
    Norbie!

Comment

Yeah, telling me too. I only found out about it just then.
      Chris
      ------
      The new nugget
      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
        Just FWIW Mazda use the Bosch pressure/temp sensor and so it is available through them cheaper than direct from Bosch https://www.amayama.com/en/part/mazda/py8v18541b
        Any idea what model it is used on? Wreckers run maybe

Comment

3, 6, CX3,5,9 apparently.
          https://www.onlinemazdaparts.com/p/M...Y8V18541B.html
          Chris
          ------
          The new nugget
          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

I’m pretty sure the fancy combined Temp/Pressure one is a fairly recent arrival so don’t ask a wrecker for one unless you have the exact year pegged down. All the early engines in the 3 and 6 were simple idiot light switches
            ---
            Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

2016-2020 apparently.
              Chris
              ------
              The new nugget

Comment

the connector they use is the worlds biggest cunt

Comment

I haven't got around to wiring mine up yet, sounds like I'm in for some fun!
                  Norbie!

Comment

I didnt find them too bad, crimped easily with the Engineer crimpers.
                    Chris
                    ------
                    The new nugget

Comment

What is the go with bosch knock sensors? I have read there is both narrowband pre-filtered and wideband what has confused me is the part numbers/pricing i have found range from $60 each to $120 each and I have no clue the difference or what is required for my JZ engine.

Bosch part number 0261231188 - $37 from Taarks
                      Bosch KS4P "wideband" - $76 - Platniuim racing products
                      Bosch part number 0261231006 - $60 from Supercheap

CISCOKIDS
                      The Gentlemen's Club
                      Midnight Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
                        I didnt find them too bad, crimped easily with the Engineer crimpers.
                        try depinning.

Comment

Originally posted by 080GMH View Post

Any idea what model it is used on? Wreckers run maybe
                          https://www.efisolutions.com.au/bosc...-sensor-10-bar then they come in stock, they were available a few days ago. Not sure how good it is to mount it on the engine for oil pressre/oil temp but fuel they would be awesome, some much less wiring and space
                          Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
                          I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

I'm not so fond of the combined pressure and temp sensors, but for pressure only you can get these speedflow hose ends (240-03) which the sensor can screw in directly and has a C-clip for semi-budget remote mounts.

https://www.efihardware.com/products...e-sensor-mount

Click image for larger version

Name:	Single-Bosch-Pressure-Sensor-Mount.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	7154429Click image for larger version

Name:	Single-Bosch-Pressure-Sensor-Mount.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	7154430

Comment

Can get expensive if you need multiple sensors for say Oil, Fuel and Water pressure though.

Anyone try out the cheap $25 sensors and have any issues with them?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150PSI-P...frcectupt=true

Comment

Originally posted by 080GMH View Post
                                Can get expensive if you need multiple sensors for say Oil, Fuel and Water pressure though.

Anyone try out the cheap $25 sensors and have any issues with them?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150PSI-P...frcectupt=true
                                Yeah. I used those back when they were $100 and the Honeywells were $300, shook themselves to bits in the race car even when remote soft mounted.
                                Chris
                                ------
                                The new nugget

Comment

Working...
                                X