• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K series Honda triggering angles

Short version:
    K24a1 crv
    E420c adaptronic Ecu

Got a base map from adaptronic , it reads 0rpm. Have scoped the patterns and it looks the same as a k20a

Does anyone have known good settings for the triggering page for any model adaptronic ecu on a Honda k20 or k24 based engine . Specifically the angles for each trigger event would be nice .

Thanks
    Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance of a copy of that base map?
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

Comment

Originally posted by rolin7 View Post
      Any chance of a copy of that base map?
      Email address?

Comment

So it appears the triggering I have is correct so I must workout what else is wrong.

Going to try add a CAS ground from the 420c to the stock ecu logic ground and see what happens

Comment

You have a clear trigger waveform on the scope with the ECU plugged in and scope referenced to sensor ground?

If you have cam/crank swapped around you tend to get a RPM reading, just crazy numbers.
          Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Have added cas ground to stock logic ground/s. Made no difference .

Scoped all wires again to the adaptronic with engine running off the stock ecu still and itís got patterns there.

I mean regardless of timing , if itís got a signal at the ecu it should atleast read more than zero rpm?

Is this pull-up resistor related ?

Comment

How can it read zero rpm with a crank trigger signal at the ecu?

Comment

because it needs a cam/home to reset the count.

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
                  because it needs a cam/home to reset the count.
                  Yeah thatís on trigger 2 and 3 .

Comment

And it is reading OK on a scope?

You'll want to scope the 3 triggers with the Adaptronic plugged in and cranking. Not when the other ECU is there.

It could be a pullup issue, or even a CAS power issue.
                    Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
                      And it is reading OK on a scope?

You'll want to scope the 3 triggers with the Adaptronic plugged in and cranking. Not when the other ECU is there.

It could be a pullup issue, or even a CAS power issue.
                      I wonder if the signal voltage is too low, if you see the pic I posted above with both ecus connected the scope patterns are all 1.1-1.2V signals , this would be high enough to be classed as a ďhigh/low ď signal would it?

I will unplug the e420c and retest the stock ecu and see if itís signals suddenly rise to 4V plus.

Just odd I thought for a 5v sensor to be operating at idle on 1v?

Sensor ground is 0.00v as expected.

Comment

Are the sensors 5 VDC? Usually they are 12 VDC supply. Can you check that a wiring diagram?

1.2 VDC won't be enough to arm the ECU to look for the next falling edge.

You've got two options potential fixes:- The supply voltage to the hall sensor is too low, or you need a pull up.

Or you suck at the scope and have x10 on by accident and it's actually 11.9 VDC switching
                        Jason Broadhurst

Comment

K series Honda triggering angles

Originally posted by Jason Broadhurst View Post
                          Are the sensors 5 VDC? Usually they are 12 VDC supply. Can you check that a wiring diagram?

1.2 VDC won't be enough to arm the ECU to look for the next falling edge.

You've got two options potential fixes:- The supply voltage to the hall sensor is too low, or you need a pull up.

Or you suck at the scope and have x10 on by accident and it's actually 11.9 VDC switching
                          Fuck you had me scared for a minute [emoji23]

I with e420 disconnected itís got 4+ volts switching, with adaptronic connected itís got anywhere from 0.8-2.9v switching and the car runs noticeably rougher so itís obviously struggling to see the sensors with both ecuís connected.

Comment

Yes your right they are 14v supplies .
                            5v signal outputs .
                            So walked out and checked shit again.

Stock crank pulse

Adaptronic piggybacked , voltage is halved??

Does the same with the 2 cam sensors, both around 4.1V and they turn into 2.1-2.6V with e420 connected .

So thatís the issue . Supply volts stay around 14.2V.

How do I get those signal voltages up in this situation ?

Comment

wouldn't the hall effect sensor be more like a transistor? so does't matter what voltage it switches the transistor with (12, 8, 5, etc.) but rather what voltage is at the pull up resistor inside the ecu?

having two pull up resistors in play is probably doing some sort of voltage division?

Comment

Working...
                              X