Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post
    if your piggy baking you do not need pullups.. as the pullups in the stock ecu supply the power..
    Yeah but my issue is as soon as I connected the adaptronic it pulls the voltages of the signals down to around 3.3v and wonít read rpm in the adaptronic at all, which I put down to it being floating .

I need to pull the voltages back up, so I though a pull-up from 12v to the signal wires might help it back up again???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

just so happened that andy called me about some other stuff so ran this past him, the adaptronic pulls up to 3.3 volts, that's why you have 3.3 volts, does the trigger light stay lit or is it out when the sensor is connected?
      im a cunt
      and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Reg green orange are all on.

Hereís what Iím combatting . Adaptronic Ecu reads zero rpm once connected .

Stock ecu reads 7.3v crank and 4.1v cam by itself .

As soon as I connect the adaptronic even just the triggers it goes to this

Then when I plug in the power to the adaptronic it goes to this

I believe this to be my 0rpm issue, or atleast a start but fucked if I know how to get around it.

Comment

I have a case with adaptronic but they stopped answering a week or so ago, most likely cos my ecu is probably older than the tech guy himself[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

if you remove the stock ecu does it work?
            what does the voltage drop to when using the stock ecu? those scope traces are a pain with out knowing what the voltage divisions etc are
            im a cunt

Comment

if you remove the stock ecu does it work?
              what does the voltage drop to when using the stock ecu? those scope traces are a pain with out knowing what the voltage divisions etc are
              Thatís all above .
              Stock ecu is 7.1-7.3V crank signal
              As soon as itís piggybacked it goes to 2.7v and also runs weak and has check engine light also backing up the fact the stock ecu is going below its voltage limits .

The scope divisions are in the pics , 5v,20ms or 10ms divisions .

Comment

I get it that it is 7.1-7.3 at the top.. what is it at the bottom? zero? if so then just need to work out how to disable the pull ups in the adaptonic and it will work.. with out disabling them you have no chance with out fitting a second trigger and at that point its easier just to put something that you can disable the pullups and away you go
                im a cunt

Comment

Ok so I just added a 2.4k pull-up to the crank for shits and giggles and it now reads as higher and more stable voltage . As you can see it does not zero out though even with the ecu grounds paired .

Comment

Added 2.4k pull-up to the cam sensors aswell. Car donít run no more so I assume itís just blown up the stock ecu.

Iím committed now........

Comment

Donít you use different input pins on those old things if you donít need pull-ups? Like the reluctor input instead of hall?

David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                      You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

why are you adding resisters?? both ecu's already have them and that's your problem... adding more is just fucking it more...

you need to REMOVE one set of resisters,
                        im a cunt

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
                          Donít you use different input pins on those old things if you donít need pull-ups? Like the reluctor input instead of hall?

That does ring a bell but itís been over 10 years since I touched one
                          im a cunt

Comment

why are you adding resisters?? both ecu's already have them and that's your problem... adding more is just fucking it more...

you need to REMOVE one set of resisters,
                            I added independent power and pull-up resistor . It worked, it cleaned the Hall effects up and increased the voltages .

Downside is itís seemed to have fucked the stock ecu cam signal circuit on the exhaust cam. No voltage and no signal no more . Swapped sensors from the vtec sensor which seems to be the exact same sensor and same results.

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post

This potentially valid information maybe 2hrs too late it seems .

Comment

I would just like to add I have had run the piggy back situation etc all past adaptronic who said I had to use the hall signal pins back before I even started wiring this in.

Comment

Working...
                                X