Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xr6t coils

Is there anything on the market better than stock ones? Mines starting to break down at high revs as the car gets bloody hot after a track session.

Are external LS type coils a viable option and if so does anyone do a kit?

Cars only 300rwkw atm but I'd rather do it once and do it right.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I've been through this recently, although I'm making 600rwkw. They are a very temperamental coil, they don't have an ignitor and rely on ecu for this. 12v is fed to coil and ecu controls the earthing. So ls stuff is not possible.

First thing to do is change coils and check spark plugs. Most plugs are gapped down to 0.4-0.6mm, heat range 7 for mild to 8 for big hp. Also check no oil is on plug coil end. Genuine Ford coils seem to be the best bet, if ba/bf go for 5R prefix ones. Fg genuine are good as well. After talking to Dion from dynamite and stix from quickbitz these are good to 700-800 rwkw. Past that they go cdi box like m&w.

Also if ba/bf check the rubber stoppers are under the plastic coil cover to hold coil down on spark plug

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by 50RTD
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

^whs, plus go to town with dielectric grease on the boot to stop oil and water from disrespecting your coil to plug connection.

Means well but is skittled

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
        I've been through this recently, although I'm making 600rwkw. They are a very temperamental coil, they don't have an ignitor and rely on ecu for this. 12v is fed to coil and ecu controls the earthing. So ls stuff is not possible.

First thing to do is change coils and check spark plugs. Most plugs are gapped down to 0.4-0.6mm, heat range 7 for mild to 8 for big hp. Also check no oil is on plug coil end. Genuine Ford coils seem to be the best bet, if ba/bf go for 5R prefix ones. Fg genuine are good as well. After talking to Dion from dynamite and stix from quickbitz these are good to 700-800 rwkw. Past that they go cdi box like m&w.

Also if ba/bf check the rubber stoppers are under the plastic coil cover to hold coil down on spark plug

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
        Thanks, I'll have a play and report back.

Any feedback on a CDI set up?

Comment

$1200 for m&w pro drag 6 boxes, enough spark for 2000+hp , still use factory coil
          Originally posted by 50RTD
          Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Working...
          X