X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burn is weird
    replied
    yea you would, one would be mapped as the MAP sensor and the other as a boost sensor.

Leave a comment:

• Komdotkom
    replied
    Not sure, I run both but that's on Motec.

Leave a comment:

• takai
    replied
    Originally posted by Komdotkom View Post
    Can't you just have both? IAT from the plenum and then IAT2 from before the butterfly, then onboard map in the plenum and map2 in the IC pipe?
    These sensors hate condensation, so make sure it's not on the bottom.
    Can you run both internal map and external map on a PS1000?

Leave a comment:

• Komdotkom
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    Sorry, put the combined map/temp sensor on the intake pipe before the throttle body, and a map only sensor on the intake manifold.
    Can't you just have both? IAT from the plenum and then IAT2 from before the butterfly, then onboard map in the plenum and map2 in the IC pipe?
    These sensors hate condensation, so make sure it's not on the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• takai
    replied
    Originally posted by jasonp1977 View Post
    Hit the specifications tab and it gives you:
    Calibration Data:

P1 -> 50 kPa at 0.40V
    P2 -> 400 kPa at 4.65V
    Ah duh. I was too distracted by the images.

Originally posted by MWP View Post
    Ah, bummer.
    I ordered a few of these 4 bar T-Map sensors a week ago.
    I looked for min/max data, but couldn't find it either, so took a gamble.

My 5SGTE idles at 40kpa, and max vac i see is ~20kpa on over-run.
    So not ideal not reading the correct vac, but im hoping it wont effect my tune so much, or i'll be able to tune around it.
    I'll soon find out i guess
    Interested in how you get on with it. Im still considering it as the 3bar looks like a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• MWP
    replied
    Ah, bummer.
    I ordered a few of these 4 bar T-Map sensors a week ago.
    I looked for min/max data, but couldn't find it either, so took a gamble.

My 5SGTE idles at 40kpa, and max vac i see is ~20kpa on over-run.
    So not ideal not reading the correct vac, but im hoping it wont effect my tune so much, or i'll be able to tune around it.
    I'll soon find out i guess

Leave a comment:

• jasonp1977
    replied
    Originally posted by takai View Post
    I cant find the vac range on the Ballenger site, only the temp data.

From some avid googling it sounds like the BP often only pulls 20inHg, which the 4bar should cope with (about -8psi)

Edit: this suggests it goes down to 50kpa, so 7psi vac: https://www.bosch-automotive-catalog...uct/0281006051
    Hit the specifications tab and it gives you:
    Calibration Data:

P1 -> 50 kPa at 0.40V
    P2 -> 400 kPa at 4.65V

Leave a comment:

• takai
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    Sorry, put the combined map/temp sensor on the intake pipe before the throttle body, and a map only sensor on the intake manifold.
    This gives nothing over a Honeywell temp sensor and the 3 bar Haltech MAP sensor.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by takai View Post
    MAP sensor...

Leave a comment:

• takai
    replied
    I cant find the vac range on the Ballenger site, only the temp data.

From some avid googling it sounds like the BP often only pulls 20inHg, which the 4bar should cope with (about -8psi)

Edit: this suggests it goes down to 50kpa, so 7psi vac: https://www.bosch-automotive-catalog...uct/0281006051

Leave a comment:

• jasonp1977
    replied
    3bar would be a challenge with my 11.5:1 compression and 98 octane

The vac range on the 4bar does look terrible though: https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pr...ia84ff4p01b065

Leave a comment:

• burn is weird
    replied
    sorry guys, you are correct. I have only used the 4 bar map/temp sensor. it has a much more limited vacuum sensing scale.

as has been pointed out by the gentlement above, the 3 bar sensor doesn't have this problem (but life starts at 3 bar doesn't it?)

Leave a comment:

• jasonp1977
    replied
    Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
    beware the bosch combined IAT and MAP doesn't have great resolution in vacuum (only goes down to 30kPa absolute) so isnt really suitable for very high vacuum engines. i'd put it before the throttle body as you'll peg the sensor on high RPM throttle lift if you were going to run one.
    Looking at some logs from yesterday, mine reads down to 13kpa absolute on throttle off. I'm using this sensor specifically: https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pr...ia84ff4p01b065

And their supplied calibration points of
    P1 -> 11 kPa at 0.25V
    P2 -> 307 kPa at 4.75V

Leave a comment:

• takai
    replied
    Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
    beware the bosch combined IAT and MAP doesn't have great resolution in vacuum (only goes down to 30kPa absolute) so isnt really suitable for very high vacuum engines. i'd put it before the throttle body as you'll peg the sensor on high RPM throttle lift if you were going to run one.
    Only 30kpa? So -10psi? That really isnt much at all.

Sounds like the standard Honeywell cage sensor plus the onboard Haltech is the go then.

Leave a comment:

• E30is
    replied
    you also get heat soak with engine running but little airflow. its not just on shut down

Leave a comment:

Working...
X