Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ways of keeping track of wiring and changes?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ways of keeping track of wiring and changes?

Traditionally i have worked from a bunch of paper when doing wiring, and just modified stock wiring diagrams for ECU wiring when needed. For the race car i ended up laminating a modified Haltech diagram for the ECU, and most of the body loom was done using printed wire from a hotrod wiring kit.

But I was watching Project Binky recently, and saw their relatively complex wiring tracker as they were doing the wiring:

This got me thinking about doing a similar spreadsheet for the MX5 (as simple as it is).

Then after seeing Brason Jordhursts' OCD wiring bench I started thinking about other ways of doing similar things.

So how do others keep track of wiring and changes to 'stock' wiring?
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Red wires with twist + tape ends are new, everything else is stock /i

Comment

That sheet of ply and a sharpy has done some work I can tell you.
      Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

I use excel, onenote and onedrive. Excel file has ECU pinout and breakout plugs etc, onenote has things like sensor information, calibration tables, sender pinouts etc, onedrive is used to store all of this plus the associated tune and log files per-car along with photo galleries of the build

Comment

Excel and Visio

Excel has the pin out's, Visio has the diagram.

Reading what Jasonnp1977 wrote i might add sensor information to the excel.
          CISCOKIDS
          The Gentlemen's Club
          Midnight Rocker

Comment

Do you need version control?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
              You need version control.
              Fixed

Comment

Pm me your email address and I'll send you a spreadsheet done by my wiring boffin, makes it simpler to figure out and visualise.

Comment

Working...
                X