Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on e36 wiring

So ive got a bucket of shit 318is that is fagging up my driveway. Done a dodgy on the starter motor a few weeks ago, and in the process of removing the hateful inlet setup, i thought i may have stretched a wire as it cranks but no longer runs.

In the process of checking the cam and crank sensors ive noticed that i have 4.7v on pin one of the crank plug, but nothing at the same pin at the cam plug.

The wire has great continuity from the ecu plug to the sensor plug, but i havent wiggle tested it or checked power out of that circuit at the ecu yet.

So just to confirm, the cps should see a similar 5v signal to the cks right? They are similar sensors with the same wiring etc.

And just to test, can i back feed the 5v signal from the crank circuit to the appropriate pin on the cam circuit and try it all out?

TIA guys
    Originally posted by Rdyno
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Originally posted by Tripper
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Anyone, bueller?

So checked voltage to the cam position sensor from the ecu and can confirm im getting FA voltage. Same pin for the crank sensor gets 4.7v.

The sensors themselves are exactly the same.

So can anyone confirm or deny that I should be getting 4.7v to the cam angle sensor aswell? Its only a shitty old bosch ecu so shouldntcbe different to any other ecus workings.

Im temped to scotch lock the power from the crank circuit to the cam circuit and try it. Shouldnt hurt it right?

Cheers cunts.
    70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
    Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Oh i forgot the wiring diagram for reference purposes..
      Attached Files

Comment

Do it
        Race Car: VT Commodore (Murray)
        www.vsport.com.au

Comment

Put in a temporary bridge and see if it starts. If it does you have your problem pinpointed. If not. Well let's hope just it starts.
          Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Originally posted by ALLMTR
          You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Comment

probably make sure the cam sensor isn't a vr sensor. if you put a multimeter on ac volts between the 2 cam position sensor wires and crank the engine, then see if you get a voltage coming out of it. won't be much. ~0.5v often. the cam position sensor probably won't stop it from running. do you have spark and/or injection?
            Originally posted by Skompa
            The throttle linkages jammed on the CDs in my old Triumph 2000 and stuck it at WOT.

I didn't realise for about 15 mins as it never broke the speed limit.

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys.

So for anyone that wants closure. Im a fucking moron.

By complete accident, i found id left an earth stud loose, which was ecu/sensor ground.

Then the cunt still wouldnt start, which turns out i had reversed the fuel lines going up the side of the block.

Switched them over and tightened the stud, and away she went.

Fml.
              ​​​
              ​​​​​​

Comment

It goes. That's a 100% win over not going.
                Mmmmmmmmm beer.

Originally posted by ALLMTR
                You had one fucking job, Imran. One. Now look, there's Flibberty Gibbets all up in here, seeing straight through your ruse. One. Fucking. Job!

Comment

Working...
                X