Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camshaft Vernier Pulleys

Motor is an inline 4 cylinder DOHC. The camshaft sproket/pulleys has slots/raised items that go past a sensor to tell ECU where the camshaft is in relation to crankshaft.

If I replace this sproket/pulley with a vernier adjustable sproket/pulley that has no raised item on it, and I run a Haltech Elite ECU, how do I tell ECU what the position the camshaft is at, or do I just run wasted spark?

if you're lucky, you use a raised bolt head for one of the adjustment bolts and hope it swings past the sensor. and that becomes the cam home signal

Oo___oO

Comment

The crank wheel would need to have a missing tooth and then you can run wasted spark and semi sequential injection.

Just be careful with the injection. Haltech likes to batch injection based on the wasted spark pairs, and injects once per 720, meaning the paired cylinder waits 360 to suck in the fuel which depending on the RPM is various states of pooled. Then there is the transient throttle situations as well.

If possible, you would pair 1 and 4 ignition, but 1 and 3 injection, based on a 1-3-4-2 firing order. That way when 1 and 3 both inject fuel, when 1 gets it perfectly in time, 3 gets it 180 late not 360.

Not sure it's configurable in the software though but can be wired accordingly.
      Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Oo___oO

Comment

Working...
        X