Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you know about Greddy Emanage ECU's???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you know about Greddy Emanage ECU's???

Just wondering what they're like?

How do they perform on Subaru's?

They seem quite cheap, is there a reason for this?
    93 AWD Liberty LX
    AWD - A Wanker of a Driver

George, depends on what you want to do, they are only a sub com/piggyback system with light tuning potential...and I personally wouldn't recommend them.

PS...Last night I spend 3 hours helping the Super AutoBacs guys with the stock take...or rather disturbing them while I was playing around with all the gear :D:D:D. I just so happened to be fiddling around with the e-manage on one of the demo cars, when Katsumi-san walked past ex-BOZZ SPEED tuner (of the BOZZ SPEED STi), his comment was "they are crap!" That removed all my doubts about the unit.
    F20C Kouki AE86
    E5 GSR
    '09 Hilux 2.5D D/C
    '12 Accord Euro

Comment

Yeah that's what i figured about them!

People are selling them left right and center at asking prices of $400!

Thought they must be crap! :D
      93 AWD Liberty LX

Comment

Course disregarding the fact they are a HKS affiliated shop, he said he'd rather buy a second hand HKS F-CON V or Apexi PCF (cheaper) than touch a e-manage.

400 bux!!! a new one only cost $500...unless they were used for less then 24 hours.

*disclaimer, take it as gossip*
        during the stocktake last night 3 of the 5 e-manage on display in the shop were used for only 24 hours. Installed and uninstalled at the request of the customer after they realised how poorly the unit performed during the tune.
        F20C Kouki AE86
        E5 GSR
        '09 Hilux 2.5D D/C
        '12 Accord Euro

Comment

hahaha
          93 AWD Liberty LX

Comment

I only had e-manage, and e-01 on my 1jz soarer, with a larger single and 440cc/min injectors and it put down 400hp atw's with no mixture issues...

Not bad for a cheap system, I'd be hesitant about donig the same with a SAFC...

Comment

i reckon they are a POS. 5 sites of ignition timing for any engine si really unacceptable when ur modifying for performance

Comment

I dont think is has the Knock Sensor monitor, so i guess you better stay away from it. Personaly i will not go near it. I hear alot of bad stories about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freakie
                  i reckon they are a POS. 5 sites of ignition timing for any engine si really unacceptable when ur modifying for performance

I had 16x16 tables when using the support tool... Unless you are gonig to use the support tool and real time tune it with a laptop.. then don't buy... 5 points is for manual tuning only.. I didn't even touch these, it was all done in the easy to use windows based software...

Not arguing for or against it... My personal experience with it was fine...

I have since moved on to Autronic SM2 with CDI...

Comment

Notice he said what you 'know' about Greddy Emanage, not what you may have 'heard'.
                    Pulsar Power

Comment

Autronic sm2 with CDI... YUmmy man! thumbs up on that move mate

Comment

Originally posted by RSR
                        I dont think is has the Knock Sensor monitor, so i guess you better stay away from it. Personaly i will not go near it. I hear alot of bad stories about it.
                        The knock sensor is a $45 option.
                        state street drift champion 2003

Formerly known as bassaholic55

Comment

Any of the easily understood and well supported local products will do the same job and a whole lot more for not much more $$ than what George was quoting. I personally can't understand why peeps use any type of piggyback ecu when you can buy a full system for the same money, wire it as a piggy back and keep the factory control of all the hard stuff like idle and other other important control systems.
                          Strangely, local product manufacturers don't seem to market there product as being capable of this very much though when compared to unichips or exede's.
                          David Fraser - Automotive Historian!

Originally posted by bigmuz
                          You can't polish a turd but you can put 600hp in it and laugh your fucking arse off coming past someone sideways at Powercruise.

Comment

$500 for emanage. Thats the attraction
                            Pulsar Power

Comment

The fact that it is being compared to stand alone jiggies like Autronic should be pretty flattering for it. For the price of an AFC, you get the E-Manage. If you have thousands to spend on a computer, dont buy the e-manage and then complain that something like autronic is better, because youre an idiot if you expected any more for 500 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X