HP Tuners - learning how to use it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Tuners - learning how to use it

What’s the best way to learn tuning with HP Tuners? Is there a online course, PDF download or work shop you can attend to learn?

thanks
    h

There's a few online courses like HP Academy, some free ones on YouTube and some paid ones on Vimeo from Matt Happel and the like.
    The HP Tuners forum is supposed to be decent too.

Check out Goat Rope Garage on YouTube.

Comment

Thank you for the info

Comment

Buy a car and tune it for 6months. Then modify it and tune it again for 6 months etc etc
        GM and ford stuff it fairly straight forward. Euro stuff is weird

Comment

good luck ive had it since 2004 and still learn shit every day...
          im a cunt
          and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

dale, can you do HPT remote tuning? ie lotus on autobahn in germany?
            Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
            "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Originally posted by doctor ed View Post
              remote tuning on an autobahn??? Is that the tuning equivalent of a crank bearing inside another crank bearing?

Comment

eh, wouldve thought thats the ideal tuning environment? endless road, low, mid, full throttle, lots of time, endless runs, great cooling, realistic conditions etc
                "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

I was thinking you meant full throttle live on-the-fly tuning with all the dodginess of internet connections, lost packets, phone data, bricked ecus from failed data flashes, etc. I see you mean the environment, which as you say very different to a dyno room.

Comment

Originally posted by doctor ed View Post
                    if it was a commodore i would say yes... being i have never touched a new lotus i would pass on that one
                    im a cunt
                    and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Originally posted by elfturbomax View Post
                      I was thinking you meant full throttle live on-the-fly tuning with all the dodginess of internet connections, lost packets, phone data, bricked ecus from failed data flashes, etc. I see you mean the environment, which as you say very different to a dyno room.
                      Also have to flash it in makes it a bit of a pain
                      3D scanning
                      3D modelling
                      Structural certification
                      3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Originally posted by 10sec rx7 View Post

if it was a commodore i would say yes... being i have never touched a new lotus i would pass on that one
                        its a 2010 GM motor

Comment

I'm not even going to pretend to understand HP tuners! It does things so differently when compared to a typical aftermarket ECU, that none of my knowledge crosses over yet.

It's tuning an OEM firmware, which wasn't programmed to be continually tuned so it seems a little convoluted to do some simple tasks. They also tend to contain a lot of redundant maps for manual/auto/sports/towing modes which adds a layer of complexity.

Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Working...
                          X