Territory post cat oxygen sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Territory post cat oxygen sensor

I've got a 2006 Territory that had the section of exhaust with the cat in replaced. It's an aftermarket item that after a few hundred km triggers the "catalyst below efficiency" CEL.
    I'd prefer to not spend money on a new cat, or of course a tune.

So do those oxygen sensor extenders/cheater things make any difference here to avoid the code returning?
    Does the ECU actually use the post cat sensors for trims or anything other than determining if the cat is working?

I have fitted a few trickers, they seem to work well.
    Post cat sensor should just be to check that the cat is working.

Comment

its not the sensor its the cat... you cant use aftermarket cats on them or they throw the light straight away,

either get a tuner to turn off P0420 or put a mini cat in line with the sensor, they are hit and miss but 60% of the time will work
      im a cunt
      and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Yep that's the code.
        Ok, I'll investigate the mini-cat/cheater things. Thanks guys.

Comment

Or, drive around for 7 years with the light on like I have.

Comment

Are there any major issues with these older territories? My brother is looking at buying one.
            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

It's just a Falcon on stilts, so all the same stuff as BA-BF Falcon, except worse build quality.
              Main difference from Falcon is the lower control arm ball joint can flog out fast but a whole aftermarket arm is $160 and 30 minutes to change. Front diff bushes flog out just as fast as the rears.
              Parts are cheap and plentiful.

Comment

cheers.
                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Working...
                X