Microtech lt-10c laptop connection fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microtech lt-10c laptop connection fail

Recently I purchased a version 4 Wrx Sti type R fitted with a Microtech lt-10c ecu.
    I'm trying to connect to the ecu using my laptop and the microtech software and a Belkin serial to USB dongle as my laptop only has a USB port.
    I keep getting the following message on the microtech software screen " Connecting, please wait" I've waited half an hour. Re tried....still the same. Any ideas?
    Cheers

Have a read of this thread: https://performanceforums.com/forums...-usb-to-serial
    Seems they're really picky with cables
    Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

do you have the dongle?
      im a cunt
      and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

I have no experience with the ecu, but I find this FTDI model is the best with various old industrial controllers.
        https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/seria...nders/0429274/

​​​​

Comment

As Dale has said, you have to have the Microtech dongle. The Microtech isn't standard serial and needs the dongle to make it work.

Comment

Cheers guys. I'll buy the microtech dongle then. If the previous tuner has locked the ECU, is there a way I can get in to manipulate his program or can I create my own new program from scratch? Or if locked do I need another ecu? The car is overseas so not worth the risk or expense of sending it to microtech for a reset.

Comment

i can give you the code to unlock it if you give me the 8 digit code that comes up on the screen
              im a cunt
              and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

I need to log in first I assume?
                right now I'm getting a message on screen saying " connecting, please wait" it doesnt connect though. Not sure if it's my Belkin serial to USB dongle that's the issue. Appreciate your reply

Comment

What version of Windows are you running?

Comment

Win 7 from memory and xp
                    I've tried it on 2 laptops now. Still the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Drysump View Post
                      Win 7 from memory and xp
                      I've tried it on 2 laptops now. Still the same.
                      If you haven't got the microtech dongle it will never work. Do not confuse this with the USB to serial adapter, you need this too.

Comment

Understood!
                        what if I buy the hand controller. Do I still need any sort of dongle or interface in between?

Comment

No, hand controller will work. They are seriously shit, just buy a proper ecu, I have one and that's what I'm in the process of doing now after way too much messing around with it.

Comment

Ok. I worked out there needs to be another MT hardware interface between the serial cable and the pc for this to work. Or I just buy the hand controller and plug it in.
                            people familiar with these on a WRX please have a look at my sister post to this about ECU ID. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X