Old Haltech E6H on 3sgte - st165

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Haltech E6H on 3sgte - st165

Got st165 with a haltech wired into it, from what I can see it has the following setup;
    - stock dizzy
    - stock coil
    - haltech magic (external igniter?) box to stock igniter
    - stock injectors wired up to the haltech, unknown if batch or sequential
    - iacv has been deleted

problem, car barely runs I mean barely, masses of black smoke running super rich, wet plugs blah blah etc.
    Ive managed to get into the computer and grabbed the current setup, who knows it is correct as I bought it non running;

The injection type is also set to multipoint which according to the ecu manual will fire ALL the injectors together, so thats probably where my flooding is coming from
    From my research the e6h can only read hall effect sensors, not reluctor type that is in the 3sgte (gen 1-3) so im wondering is this is why its just completely up shit creek when trying to run?

So I took a look at the dizzy, it looks unmodified to my untrained eyes; (sans rotor button which removed to take the photo)

Then I had a look at the dizzy cap and it looks like two of the 4 "points" have been sanded down/removed?

Id like to get this running on the haltech if its possible but I really dont thing the dizzy is compatible with this unit, anyone got any experience ?
    Im going to try changing to batch fire injection and lock the timing at 10 btdc and check mechanical timing as well.

Other suggestions?

for that to work you need to remove 20 of the teeth on the bottom wheel so that it has 4 even spaced teeth, that will give you the correct tooth count for "standard" trigger type

trigger edge needs to be falling as well
    im a cunt
    and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

So its as I suspected, its never really run at all with this setup, its just not possible with the dizzy stock?

Comment

Man it's been 15 years since I have used one of those ecus. See if it has a 24/1 in the trigger setup
        im a cunt

Comment

Seems I can select int.reluctor.... the home input I cant change the input but can change the edge

weird, if I change the trigger type back to standard the input says reluctor but when I go in and out of the ign setup it changes the input back to hall effect, old software issue?
          Last edited by kedderz; 02-07-21, 09:06 AM.

Comment

man fuck knows.. i cant even think of any current haltech staff that worked there at that time, you could try mark Boxall at Gt Pumps, he would have developed that ecu,

im a cunt

Comment

i just downloaded the e6h software and it does not even have options for the home..

what version do you have?
              im a cunt

Comment

Pee Kay on Facebook (bumpstart on Ausrotary) still plays with these.

Comment

E6Hv634 is the version, I got it from the haltech website.
                  to get the internal reluctor stuff to show you have to change the trigger type to multi then change the tigger to reluctor, but the setting doesnt save and the manual says its hall effect only.

I bought a elite 1500 so imma put that on with a bosch dbw throttle, run wasted spark to some yaris coils and use the dissy as a crank angle sensor.
                  this thing wont ever make big power or see 11ty rpm so the dissy signal should be fine I think.

Comment

Why not run one of the top triggers as a 720 reset and be full sequential?

Comment

I shall research what you just said then so just that....

Comment

Any idea what this is ? Come from the dissy then out again, some sort of signal changer ?

https://i.imgur.com/jmILm0j.jpg

Comment

Well, could be a VR conditioner so that the VR sensor you had would work with the hall effect input on the ECU?
                          Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

The plot thickens hey, no markings on it all cept haltech.

Comment

it will be a reluctor adaptor, follow the wires back i bet one side goes to dizzy and other to the ecu...
                              im a cunt

Comment

Working...
                              X