No announcement yet.

Old Haltech E6H on 3sgte - st165

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep comes out from the dizzy to the black box then out into the ecu.

should I be setting multipoint injection or batch? reading the manual multipoint fires all injectors together????

Comment

Normally batch injection is all at once, multipoint is generally sequential or semi-sequential

Comment

Didnt tuning fork just do a video on one of these?

Some old celica, had ACT rego plates.

Even dug up the link

https://youtu.be/mU-lJDwqNc8
        Last edited by mad_cow; 05-07-21, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_cow View Post
          Didnt tuning fork just do a video on one of these?

Some old celica, had ACT rego plates.

Even dug up the link

https://youtu.be/mU-lJDwqNc8
          just watched it then, fuel only old school thing nice video but nothing I didnt already know.

RE injection, this is what the manual says; which confuses me as firing all the injectors together would result in some getting fuel when its on an exhaust stroke?

Comment

Originally posted by kedderz View Post
            RE injection, this is what the manual says; which confuses me as firing all the injectors together would result in some getting fuel when its on an exhaust stroke?
            Yes, that's multipoint/batchfire. The timing of injection isn't as critical as it first appears. Half a billion VN Commodores can't be wrong.
            Originally posted by Marlin
            Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

the more you know, manual says number of inj events per trigger should be half the number of cylinders, is that the same across all the inj types? so I should be selecting 2 ?

Comment

What are the other modes?

Doesn't indicate if they all fire every 180 degrees, 360 or 720?

Comment

ignition types ;

standard ecu mode

advanced ecu mode

fuel setup
                  available injection mode - seq, multipoint, batch, staging

Comment

I'd assume you want sequential

Comment

trigger type would be multi, number of teeth 24 tooth offset 1?
                      trigger input edge rising or falling?
                      home edge falling or rising?
                      trigger angle ive read should be set to 70 or 65?

Comment

Usually falling edge. I'd lock timing and check with a light to be sure.

Comment

tooth off set is how many teeth after the home tooth is number 1 cylinder, so it could be 1 or it could be 23 or anywhere in between, trigger angle should be between 40 and 70, if its not change the tooth offset by 1 which will move the timing 30deg either way.

IE with the timing locked at TDC and the trigger angle of 60 and the timing on the balancer is 40 then moving the tooth offset will bring it back to 10deg, then adding 10 to trigger angle will retard the other 10 deg...
                          im a cunt
                          and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

verified mech timing this arvo
                            with trigger angle of 60, type of standard, injectors disabled I was able to see on cranking 10 btdc
                            enabled the injectors and it still over fuels like a mother fucker tonnes of black smoke when multipoint injection is selected
                            batch/seq injection selection made it back fire after stopped turning it over

any other pearls of wisdom?

Comment

if its overfuelling and shit, does it have the right numbers plugged in for the injectors?

as for the backfiring, is the firing order set up correctly?
                              Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                              And I’ve explained many times this is not just another four year election.

The outcome will determine civilisation as we know it.

Comment

From what I can see in the software, there's no injector size to set it just pulses a certain Ms value.

Dizzy/leads is setup according to the workshop manual so that appears correct to. Maybe the wiring it self is incorrect?

Comment

Working...
                                X