No announcement yet.

Old Haltech E6H on 3sgte - st165

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, the injector pulse timing is what i mean by is it set up correctly for those injectors

and wiring is where my thinking was going in terms of firing order yeah
    Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
    And I’ve explained many times this is not just another four year election.

The outcome will determine civilisation as we know it.

Comment

How does one know what the pulse width for the injectors is to be ? Maybe ill just reduce the Ms across the whole maps 500-1500?

Comment

There is equations floating around to get a rough idea. I think there are a couple of wesite simulators too.

Assume 75% vol efficiency or less at idle vacuum, calculate rough air mass as efficiency * cylinder volume * relative pressure (manifold kpa/101)* STD air density(1.225 kg/m^3, or .001225kg/L ) . Divide by target idle AFR, divide by density of petrol ~ 0.76kg/L for injection volume. Divide volume by nominal injector flow rate to get required actual open time, add dead time(if there isn't a dead time table).

​​That'that assumes one injection event per engine cycle, divide by however many injection events per cycle if it is what I though was referred to as batch.

That's why people like VE model ecu software with all that done for you.
        Last edited by Slides; 06-07-21, 07:30 PM.

Comment

standard is not the right trigger type it needs to be multi tooth and set to 24...

it will be firing the injectors 6x more than it should be
          im a cunt
          and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

I think I can help here:

1. Throw Haltech ecu from 1980 in the bin
            2. Ring Dalecunt and get anew ecu for a good price
            3. Install new ecu from Dalecunt
            4. Tune ecu (Dalecunt may even have a map)
            5. ..........
            6. Drive off happily into the sunset

Comment

1500 arrives today, I'm just curious to see if I can get it running is all, learning as I go.

Comment

I agree you want to have triggering and injector configuration sorted before you look at fuel though.

What are the 500, 1000 and 1500 RPM fuel tables like?

What injectors vs capacity vs cylinder count?

280 CC on a 4L 6 cylinder would need say 4 ms injector duratation to run cold. if you've dialed in (or left it as previously configured for a different car) then it'll overfuel.

Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

I've no way of knowing if the current fuel map is remotely suitable for the engine.
                  440cc injectors, 2.0, 4cyl

Tables below;

Broadchest - up for a remote tuning session?

Comment

Yeah go for later in the arvo's. hmu on FB.

Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

no fb here, whats the hotness these days as teamviewer seems to be shit.

edit - have setup https://remotedesktop.google.com/
                      Last edited by kedderz; 07-07-21, 01:06 PM.

Comment

sounds good mate. is there any car of yours that I haven't tuned now?
                        Jason Broadhurst

Comment

Working...
                        X