• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6l80e control options

6l80e control options are...
    Can I control with aftermarket ecu like haltech 2000/2500

Kinda spit balling here

Whilst manual swapping cogs is cool and all behind the turbo 355 the tr3550 gearbag it's days I feel are not long for this world if ever gets any traction.

Would love a clutchless sequential but is worth more then me ute on its own.
    Plus I feel it would be wasted if not used on a high rpm stack injected version of the freehoh that can rev to 11ty.

Built 6l80e as good alternative be a thing behind the 355 I know custom torque converter and tail shaft are a given and maybe tunnel mods.

Any better ideas

I was under the impression you couldn't control a 6L80e without the stock ECU, I'm sure Dale would know the answer if he sees this thread.

4L80e not an option? Can use a stand along controller with them, or adapt a stock LS ECU to work.

Comment

I think there is one us based company who does an independent controller, but very very new

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
      Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
      Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
      Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

4l80 yeah I feel is a harder option in Australia....

Finding one that can be tricked up and rebuilt is an issue.

As happy enough to buy parts and build my self.

6 speed auto v8 commo from ve onwards doesn't seem as hard or expensive to find.

Wouldn't even care if it was semi auto sequential and use the ecu to control lock up and line pressure type deal.

Is this the one referred to

http://www.zerogravityperformance.co...e-6l90e-6l50e/

Comment

I think that's it

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
          Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
          Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
          Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Considering a 6L80E is fucking aids you would use the Ford 6R80 or what ever, strong as fuck, control it with the HTG controller.
            3D scanning
            3D modelling
            Structural certification
            3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

there is no way i would put a 6l80 in anything,. they are aids... no aftermarket control yet that i know of...

4l80 is what i would put in there which a haltech can control
              im a cunt
              and apparently i dont know shit...

Comment

Visited Haltech a few months ago basically said can do 4l60e & 4l80e but not 6l80e as it's canbus(?) & either not enough market for it yet or major headfuck.

Basic options are blowing up a 4l60e every year,the usual th400 route or 4l80e

Shiftright in Richmond have been building them for couple of years..Ls Speed Shop & possibly Ls Conversions are nsw importers.

Think it was easy 10k-15k couple years ago when first heard about it but even then most wanted to manualise the box & have overdrive switch or something

Comment

the 6l80 needs a complex can data stream from the ecu to work, its not a simple job to do and if one thing is not right the box will no work.. it would be similar to the barra plug in and that took 4 years to get the can data working correctly for the trans to work properly
                  im a cunt

Comment

Originally posted by Morcs View Post
                    4l80 yeah I feel is a harder option in Australia....

Finding one that can be tricked up and rebuilt is an issue.

As happy enough to buy parts and build my self.
                    Go speak with Steve up at Shiftright in Richmond. He puts 4L80e's together all the time and there's enough cunts bringing 2wd ones in these days, cores are starting to be plentiful. The insides of a 4L80e shares a heap with a turbo 400, so parts aren't that bad. The turbo 400 I have in my HQ actually uses the drum & sprag from a 4L80e because they're stronger apparently. I'm actually getting my 4 speed built and converter made to replace the 3 speed and going to run Haltech to control it all.
                    Last edited by krisr; 19-07-21, 07:56 AM.
                    Originally posted by Motherfucker Jones
                    If you can't appreciate that then you are more narrow minded than the most mulleted, flanno, thong wearing, thong slapping, 253 owning, southern cross tatted, fuck off
                    we're full stickered, VB drinking bogan you'll ever meet

Comment

steve does 4l80s for us.. they are a solid option, both in full manual or electronic controlled.
                      im a cunt

Comment

Thanks for the info cunts

4l60 is not an option that I would even consider as an upgrade to the tr3550 for power holding.

Work ute (ranger a6) gearbag is an interesting thought would defiantly need some custom tuning...

The 4l80 certainly is well documented and have very much thought it would be a good fit for my application.

Was more thinking along the lines of 4 is good 6 would be better if easy enough to get the 6 speed working with the after market ecu

Interesting researching 6r80 and 6l80e both are 6HP boxes by zf

Differences being valve body, separate bell housing and torque convertor etc

So just a different strain of aids
                        Last edited by Morcs; 22-07-21, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Haltech elite can control a 4l80, or do you need to go nexus? Is that natively or with a separate module?
                          Originally posted by myshortyboomba
                          I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

elite will control 4L80 no probs, usually run out of IO tho so an IO box may be needed.. nexus has more than enough inputs to do what you need tho
                            im a cunt

Comment

i will elaborate on the nexus inputs a little more, it has the ability to use un used outputs as switched and low importance inputs, IE you can put the stick position sensor to IGN 9-10-11 etc, this way you actually do not use any of the 33 inputs to do trans control, you use 4 DPO outputs to do the 2 shift solenoids, Converter lock and line pressure control, even after doing that still leaves 3DPO, 4HBO as well as the 12 high current and 4 X high current, plus the extra ign output and injector outputs which for most setups will have 10 spare.

by the time you buy a 2500, IO box, NTK dual wideband your not far off the cost of the nexus with all the fruit etc..
                              im a cunt

Comment

Working...
                              X