Got a 3D printer now, it's fun!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of getting the Flashforge creator Pro. Who has one?

Comment

I have a flashforge - been good entry level printer
      This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

would 3D printers work for printing cookie cutters ?

Comment

Originally posted by reborn View Post
          would 3D printers work for printing cookie cutters ?
          https://www.google.com/search?q=woul...ient=firefox-b

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

I've done several - most notably moustache ones for movember that copped a flogging and just kept going

Comment

Out of curiousity how much time and material would it "cost" to print a shape much like a box, roughly 100x100x250 and say 3-5mm wall thickness in a material durable enough to be sanded and painted and screwed on the exterior of a car?

Am thinking light housings for LED tail lights - as part of some changes in the kit-car business we are looking to create some specific ADR compliance parts and 3D printing seems like a cost effective prototype and production method.

Most of the other bracket type things around the car would be fitting inside a 100x100x100 cube but be more complex shapes.
              ---
              Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Would be quite easy to knock something up in CAD and then upload to 3DHubs to get a price. Remember that say for a cube or any other hollow part, the top part needs support inside to hold the top with most printing methods or you make it as two parts.
                There's very much an element of DFM if you are targetting 3D printing vs injection moulding for example.

Comment

aaron - you also need to consider the different deposition methods - laser powder type method will give a smoother surface - but can only be done on whizzbang machines.

Comment

A 100x100x250mm box with 5mm walls my printer tells me 105m of filament (and 35 hours on my slow machine) with *no* supports for the top so not printable as one piece (supports added another 200m!). That's about 300g worth for 100m I think.

Comment

Sweet. Thanks - understand the limitations of the method - it's a balance for us in the cost model of building good looking bespoke components and not adding an unreasonable dollar figure to the cost of the kits (or completed cars)
                      ---
                      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Also I don't think it's possible to print clear plastic like a light lens or something that could be sanded and/or polished clear.

Comment

Got a couple more upgrades for mine. dont think i can upgrade it anymore other then size.

hopefully finish putting it together and print off a giant dick or something stupid.
                          CISCOKIDS
                          The Gentlemen's Club
                          Midnight Rocker

Comment

Files here
                            James

Nothing says unprofessional job like wrinkles in duct tape.

Nova Scotia Lasers - LASER engraving

1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 (under funded project vehicle)
                            2008 Chrysler Aspen Limited (minivan on steroids - on blocks being repaired)
                            2008 Dodge Durango SLT (another minivan on steroids - the daily)
                            2003 Land Rover Discovery SE7 (rusted out money pit project)

Comment

Im too lazy to start a new thread... this one is close enough.

Make this, mount it on your generic CNC rig.

Comment

This guy's channel is pretty awesome at times.

Love the printer !

Originally posted by lickmyleftone
                                I'd do things to her that Tripper hasn't seen.
                                As seen on Tinder : "If a Vegan does Crossfit, which one do they mention to you first?"

Comment

Working...
                                X