Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'm a newbie coming to the 3D club.

I've started playing with sketchup but setting dimensions of shit is seriously fkn retarded.

Should I pirate a better 3D CAD program or keep trying to fuck with Sketchup?
    Originally posted by lickmyleftone
    I'd do things to her that Tripper hasn't seen.
    As seen on Tinder : "If a Vegan does Crossfit, which one do they mention to you first?"

Comment

Fusion 360 is free for personal or student use and I find it quite good/easy to use but I'm no pro.

It does struggle sometimes with assemblies with many parts (think thousands of parts) if you do things the wrong way.

Comment

Thanks heaps!

Got the Fusion360 free for student use from the USA site as suggested. Much easier to use and actually has dimensions.

Learning curve time.
        As seen on Tinder : "If a Vegan does Crossfit, which one do they mention to you first?"

Comment

This is pretty cool, the whole build is amazing and uses a lot of 3d printed stuff, I think it's beef posted before, but 3d printed dies, filled with resin to make solid, and survived 5t on the press to form some alloy sheet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqdamE1l...d=9qg1h6ayt9zs
          I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me...

Comment

^^^ very cool
            Now thats a good reason to buy a 3D printer (if there werent a heap already).

Comment

That is fucking awesome.

So many possibilities making shit that only toolmakers had access to before and putting shit in the hands of us newbies.

p.s. Aldi have $199 3D printers on sale locally ATM. Hinted to Nopics that it would make a pretty awesome xmas present. bahaha. Might go back and buy one though.

I started fucking around in Fusion360 like you do. Found a cool lego 2x4 brick tutorial on Youtube and went from there. Maybe 2 days later I had my new fishing skiff prototype roughed out. And super happy with how it went.

Seriously thought 3D would be much harder to get into than it is, then again, I've been doing 2d layouts in other programs for years so maybe it softened the blow a bit.

Decided to make a 1/5 scale model mock up on the workbench and if all goes well, I'll start building the real thing.

If I get the Aldi 3D printer, I'll make an RC version of it or something for tits and pickles.

Kinda front on.

Comment

So who's the PF go-to-cunt for printing shit? In Sydney preferably.

Got some parts I need printed out, have a .dxf drawing in 2D as they were originally going to be cut from sheet on a CNC router but it's too expensive to buy the sheet in the required thickness...

Not anything complicated basically a ring 175mm OD, 160mm ID, but needs to be 30mm thick in plastic.
                Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                Originally posted by nutttr
                People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Myles is the king, he has like 25 printers and us a great guy. Send me a pm.

Comment

Impressive cock ring Jack!

Comment

30mm thick - she's going to get all my 5mm

what are you using it for? (other than cock ring)
                      This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Spacers for mounting speakers in car doors, don't want to use MDF...
                        People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

hmm...

means you need to screw into them etc?

Comment

No right through them with longer screws, in this case the mounting flange of the new speaker is identical to the original, it just needs to space it out 30mm.

Comment

The 175mm is just slightly too big for the smaller axis on mine ;(

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by _Marc_ View Post
                                This is pretty cool, the whole build is amazing and uses a lot of 3d printed stuff, I think it's beef posted before, but 3d printed dies, filled with resin to make solid, and survived 5t on the press to form some alloy sheet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqdamE1l...d=9qg1h6ayt9zs
                                Super cool Marc, thanks for the link, I'm always looking for new ways to use 3D printed parts
                                “Buy the ticket, take the ride.’”
                                ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X