Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snavy View Post
    I have an upbox but its not exactly cheap. All my prints are in abs, PLA doesn't last from what I heard? Also I smell nothing when I print. ABS print quality is much higher than the examples in this thread usually.
    Ended up going with the Prusa Mk3S Kit, put it together in about 6 hours and prints surprisingly well straight away.
    '93 6SPD T04Z 1UZ JZA80 Supra
    '93 Auto T04Z JZA80 Supra

Venom Automotive - Billet Components to suit a variety of Automotive Applications including JZ, UZ & RB Engines.

Comment

Originally posted by MWP View Post
      LOL at "too complex for paper gasket". That's about as simple as a fucking gasket gets.
      Jason Broadhurst

Someone once asked me if they could use my mower. I said "sure, so long as it doesn't leave my yard"

Comment

Yeah, those guys are spastics. It also looked like shit once it was installed.
        "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by Slides View Post
          Are any of the regular print plastics good enough to use as ignition coil brackets for COP coils at engine bay temps? For a 13b so can have pretty thick section around coil.

I currently have cnc aluminium but they cheaped out and have the same coil locating bolt/connector orientation for front and rear rotor which is emotional to fit (and requires bending thd coil boot firmly) if you still have an air conditioner pump. Would like to improve design and pay one of you blokes to print in plastic if practical otherwise it will go to a shop and I'll have to get 10 made from aluminium to make it worth while.
          Iíve made a few parts in pc. Seems real strong. Way stronger than abs

Comment

so what printers is everyone recommending at the moment? 400x400x400 or similar? (down to 300x350x300 minumum)
            This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad88 View Post

Ended up going with the Prusa Mk3S Kit, put it together in about 6 hours and prints surprisingly well straight away.
              But ya stuck with using pla?

Comment

Oh - ended up with an ender 5+, 350x350x400 - won't do ABS without an enclosure - working on that -

also there's some firmware bugs.. so maybe wait if you want one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190920_152556.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	427.2 KB
ID:	7076674

Comment

But ya stuck with using pla?
                  eh?

I print pretty much anything. They provide heaps of profiles even :/

Comment

Originally posted by taijohnsen View Post

eh?

I print pretty much anything. They provide heaps of profiles even :/
                    Abs with no enclosure?!

Comment

Abs with no enclosure?!
                      I've done that heaps on my old flashforge - as long as the aircon wasn't blowing on it seemed to be ok - on taller prints you would get some layer shrink/separation

Comment

Originally posted by GSRman View Post
                        Oh - ended up with an ender 5+, 350x350x400 - won't do ABS without an enclosure - working on that -

also there's some firmware bugs.. so maybe wait if you want one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190920_152556.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	427.2 KB
ID:	7076674
                        Dude, WTF happened to your print bed?? Edward Scissor hands trying to remove prints??
                        I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me...

Comment

Looks like a head crash and move.
                          Chris
                          ------
                          The new nugget
                          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Firmware fault - like a ghost in the Y limit switch - thinks it's gone all the way to the back, so drives as far forward as it can - and then raises the Z until the BL senses it - but at full forward the BL is off the bed... so it drives it up until it gets bored - and then starts printing... ran for 30+ mins while i was on my way to work like that.

Comment

I need to finish my 3D printer but in all honesty i have not had time to do the last little steps to get it up and running. wish there was somewhere i could just drop it off and be like SOLVE IT
                              CISCOKIDS
                              The Gentlemen's Club
                              Midnight Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by GSRman View Post
                                Firmware fault - like a ghost in the Y limit switch - thinks it's gone all the way to the back, so drives as far forward as it can - and then raises the Z until the BL senses it - but at full forward the BL is off the bed... so it drives it up until it gets bored - and then starts printing... ran for 30+ mins while i was on my way to work like that.
                                Yeah wow, that sucks, I'm shocked at the gouges it took out of the print bed.
                                I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me...

Comment

Working...
                                X