Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Whole of the world
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Anyone know if this would be feasible to print ?

Basic dims are.

76.2mm ID.
      78.2 OD.
      15mm high.
      step is 82mm OD / 2mm high.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Yes you could print it but 1 mm wall thickness on most home level printers won't be super strong. Depends what it's for, material etc.

Comment

let you know in 60 min

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
            Yes you could print it but 1 mm wall thickness on most home level printers won't be super strong. Depends what it's for, material etc.
            Its a sleeve for a connector boot on a sports bar, cannot go into too much detail but our current attachment hardware for our FX4 sportsbar is being used on the new FX4+ sports bar and due to different connection point and angle the boot now has a gapping issue, the issue was known in December last year but the Ford Engineers thought it would magicaly go away but as it has not they now want to tool up and make a new boot but that will be a clusterfuck unless they ditch the FX4 sportsbar.

I think the issue can be resolved with a simple sleeve and want to 3D print it to prove (or not) the idea, if it does I would then get the part injection molded.

Comment

Yeah for a POC, a 3D part should be good enough - maybe a bit of hand finishing from a budget printer to get the dimensions down to 0.1mm. Looks like GSRman is printing you one right now...

Comment

prints fine.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200606_141323.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	7151131Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200606_141406.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	7151132

Comment

Originally posted by GSRman View Post
                  prints fine.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200606_141323.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	7151131Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200606_141406.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	7151132
                  Holy shit, thanks mate thats awesome.

If only ya was closer I'd get ya to print another, but seeing as it is possible I'll get purchasing onto it and get some printed locally.

Comment

After printing some things for my young bloke over the weekend of had a roll of red filament and had a quick look what to use it on, found a battery rack and some tool holders to suit my Milwaukee M12 gear, came out alright.

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me...

Comment

Working...
                    X