Got a 3D printer now, it's fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
    Fair enough, let's paraphrase it another way then 'none of the teachers can be arsed to learn'
    There is not a whole lot to learn unless you/they want to get into the CAD design side of it.

From an actual printing perspective I would expect a machine like that to be fairly trouble free, unlike the cheaper "kit" printers.

Max hot end temp on that of 240 would be interesting with ABS !!

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Now that Iam able to print ABS and today being a public holiday thought I'd finally finish my tailgate opener.

https://www.facebook.com/Fondles/vid...58749937542740

Comment

Made a shelf to hold spare rolls of plastic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ender set up..jpg
Views:	327
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	7258338

Comment

Got myself an Creality Ender 3 Pro last week.
          I can't believe how easy it is to use, the most difficult part so far was leveling the print bed.

/ --------------- \
          _/ /___________\ \_
          /_________|_________\
          |OOO ___________ OOO|
          \______|====|______/
          [_]-------------------[_]

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisS View Post
            Got myself an Creality Ender 3 Pro last week.
            I can't believe how easy it is to use, the most difficult part so far was leveling the print bed.
            Hey mate, Where did you buy it from? Mind if i ask what it cost you?
            Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

Comment

If it helps, I got a standard Ender 3 off eBay for $180 about a month ago. Was in my hands within 3 days. Can link you the seller if needed, but there's a few on eBay that normally sit around $200 for the standard model

Comment

my ender 3 v2 was $364 delivered off bangood au
                Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                And I’ve explained many times this is not just another four year election.

The outcome will determine civilisation as we know it.

Comment

Another Ender 3 V2 from bangood here,.. $350'ish delivered in about a week

Comment

Originally posted by voteforpedro View Post

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/product...3d-ender-3-pro
                    https://www.ozbargain.com.au/product...y3d-ender-3-v2

Yep banggood is the best place and if from AU will be quick.

Comment

Just dove in big time and ordered a Creality LD-002H printer and UW-01Wash & Cure unit. Under $450 for the pair delivered. nopics is keen to do resin printing and there’s heaps of stuff I want to do that works better with resin anyway. I was going to save the $60 and get the baby model, but figure the bigger build volume of the “H” model would be better long term. 130*82*160mm isn’t huge but it’s enough for a starting device.

Now to rustle up some resin, bulk isopropyl alcohol and so on.

---
                      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Originally posted by voteforpedro View Post

Off eBay.
                        At the time it was $299 I think.

/ --------------- \
                        _/ /___________\ \_
                        /_________|_________\
                        |OOO ___________ OOO|
                        \______|====|______/
                        [_]-------------------[_]

Comment

I just got an Ender 3 v2 from eBay as I found a $299 seller that stacked with the 12% off. Another option is the Voxelab Aquila which is generally around the $200 mark and is a Creality with different badging.

The Ender is pretty easy to setup and seems reasonable for a basic Cartesian printer. I think in the long run I’ll use it to print the pieces for a Voron 2 instead.

I did spend an inordinately long time last night trying to figure out why I wasn’t getting good bed adhesion and after about 2 hours I packed it in. As I was walking away I looked at the filament and realised I had loaded it with ABS+ but I was trying to print using PLA settings 🤦🏼‍♂️
                          Last edited by takai; 24-07-21, 10:21 AM.
                          Chris
                          ------
                          The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                          I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

I havent read the thread apolgies if its already been discussed.
                            I ditched the magnetic bed on my Ender 3 v1 (it actually failed from too much heat) and now use a cut-to-size plate of glass with bulldog clips to hold it on. Use gluestick on the glass and your parts will stick to it like shit to a blanket. If they don't come off after spraying with some isopropyl alcohol, stick the whole plate in the freezer and it will pop off. You can buy a small IPA spray bottle from Bunnings or officeworks for $10.

Comment

Originally posted by jabtronic View Post
                              I havent read the thread apolgies if its already been discussed.
                              I ditched the magnetic bed on my Ender 3 v1 (it actually failed from too much heat) and now use a cut-to-size plate of glass with bulldog clips to hold it on. Use gluestick on the glass and your parts will stick to it like shit to a blanket. If they don't come off after spraying with some isopropyl alcohol, stick the whole plate in the freezer and it will pop off. You can buy a small IPA spray bottle from Bunnings or officeworks for $10.
                              Ive been using glass for a while, I purchased some sort of hardened glass already sized for my bed.

I clean the glass every before every print with iso alcohol.... never had an adhesion issue, the freezer is a great trick for getting parts off the bed.

Comment

I've got the creality branded glass bed on my ender 3v1 and have only had adhesion issues when there was drafted going across it from an open window. Works perfectly now and they self release when it cools down.

Also used the standard buildtak plate for ages and it stuck very well.

Currently making an enclosure so I can print ABS and nylon

Comment

Working...
                                X