Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty cool, I wonder how they do that?
    To change colours on mine I have to swap the ABS reels over.
    Just got an order from New Zealand from a guy building a model Lockheed F-22 Raptor, I'm making the variable-geometry jet nozzles for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Billzilla View Post
      Just got an order from New Zealand from a guy building a model Lockheed F-22 Raptor, I'm making the variable-geometry jet nozzles for him.
      They are a pretty complex 3D shape and the tops turned out fine though the underside was a bit more layered than I would have liked. A bit of sanding & filling then painting and they'll look pretty good I reckon.
      Attached Files

Comment

Just finished making some parts for another 3D printer .... not quite a Von Nuemann machine but we're getting there.
        They came out a lot nicer than they look in the photo.
        Attached Files

Comment

That's quite nice work

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Gammaboy
          PF - We're not happy till you're not happy.

Comment

Shit yeah, that's hell cool!

I wonder if there's a market for fitted dildos?!?
            Originally posted by FatBoy
            Trump v Clinton is like cheering for the clap or genital warts. Either way it's gonna be ugly....

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMcSandyAxe View Post
              I wonder if there's a market for fitted dildos?!?
              Sure.
              I'll need to take careful measurements first though ..... I am a professional.

Comment

Interesting article on this

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...ht-now/252184/
                This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.

Comment

I find 3d printing fascinating, this is a massive "disruptor" technology if ever there was one.

If you think the shitfight were getting now from the music industry is bad with the DNS blocking, million dollar damages for a few mp3 downloads and unprecedented political lobbying all to stop people sharing non tangible audio/video content, imagine when you can download and create "stuff" ie. car parts, furniture, knick knacks and weapons.

We're a long way off from Star Trek style replicator technology, but its not longer "magic" and could very possibly be something we see in our lifetime.

As a bonus there is a final answer to that stupid MPAA ad you see at the movies, "Would you download a car?"

FUCK YES I WOULD!

Comment

This is mega cool. Being able to print a wax casting pattern would be great!
                    I don't care a damn for your loyalty when you think I am right; when I really want it most is when you think I am wrong.
                    Sir John Monash

Comment

I remember the uni having one that did similar resolution to those photos posted. Although I also remember the approvals etc to go through to get your designs printed, and I think the product had to get bathed in acid afterwards. Having your own machine sitting next to the desktop connected via a cable is bloody cool.

I have seen videos on youtube about metal sintering in a similar fashion.
                      quick search turned up this link:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW-2xaIDtMk

Comment

I'd always been curious as to how well they work so I finished making one this morning.

And yes it works just the one in the video. Amazing.

Comment

You learn something every day! This has led me on a quite the Wikipedia expedition. How much pressure will it resist Bill?
                          If in doubt, flat out!

Comment

Originally posted by toyabusa View Post
                            You learn something every day! This has led me on a quite the Wikipedia expedition. How much pressure will it resist Bill?

Very little as air still comes out in the resisting direction but I can feel me having to blow harder to get any real flow out of it.
                            It's more of a curiosity than for anything really useful.
                            And I have always wanted to have something that Tesla thought-up. (apart from AC power, electric motors, etc)

Comment

Of course, it obviously uses turbulence to resist flow, so requires some reverse air flow to function.

I can think up a few uses for it as a zero-moving part pseudo-non-return valve.
                              Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Comment

Turbo compressor wheel.
                                Good for 40 psi boost.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X