Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New AC/DC TIG option - cheaper CIG FYI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by snavy View Post
    Thinking of giving up on this TIG shit. Bought a new AC/DC lincoln 201 amp powercraft with a full bottle of gas just collecting dust. I've used it for like 5 minutes!
    After about 6min it gets easier.

    Sent from my VS Commodore eurovox headunit using Tapatalk
    Tow car/camping bus: 2011 D40 Navara ST

    Baby mobile: 2016 Nissan Qashqai

    75 Mini Clubman club racer - DCOE powah

    Comment


      $499 Delivered AIG TIG200 ACDC DIGITAL INVERTER MMA WELDING MACHINE

      https://www.australiaindustrialgroup...elding-machine

      Comment


        Originally posted by 1320ft View Post
        $499 Delivered AIG TIG200 ACDC DIGITAL INVERTER MMA WELDING MACHINE

        https://www.australiaindustrialgroup...elding-machine

        For that price tag you could ignore some of the cheap and nasty looking features.

        Let us know how you get on with it.

        Comment


          This thread will do...

          I have two gas regs that came with two different welders (a MIG & a TIG).
          I need a purge line for SS TIG... any hits on what fittings, etc i'll need to Tee off the bottle to the two regs I have?

          [edit]
          After a run around to BOC, tool shops, etc, I found a Y adapter at a proper welding shop.
          All sorted.

          Comment


            Yes the Y adapter with two separate valves is the go for back purging SS. Just watch for the flow drop on the back purge line when you activate the torch.

            Comment


              Originally posted by da9jeff View Post
              After about 6min it gets easier.

              Sent from my VS Commodore eurovox headunit using Tapatalk

              Comment


                I see Al has just put something up on back purging too:
                Chris
                ------
                The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

                Comment


                  https://weldingstore.tokentools.com....welder-210pro/

                  Yes...i posted this in the other TIG thread. Who has one? Worth the $2600?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by 1320ft View Post
                    $499 Delivered AIG TIG200 ACDC DIGITAL INVERTER MMA WELDING MACHINE
                    https://www.australiaindustrialgroup...elding-machine
                    Originally posted by Sprinkles View Post
                    Let us know how you get on with it.
                    Anybody have one of these ? Good / bad / ugly ? They also sell a "pulse" version for little more, opinions on the need for pulse ? I've only used very exxy TIG welders at TAFE, have no idea on the capability of these cheap ones.

                    Looking to upgrade from my old faithful oxy set that I;ve used for 30+ years, will be using the TIG on sheet and cast aluminium and steel, up to maybe 10mm thickness of each.

                    Main reason for purchase at the moment is wanting to build a few sets of extractors, oxy is hard going getting enough heat into the 10mm flange without completely melting the exhaust pipe that I'm trying to weld to the flange.
                    Last edited by dave1600; 23-09-21, 11:13 AM.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by dave1600 View Post



                      Anybody have one of these ? Good / bad / ugly ? They also sell a "pulse" version for little more, opinions on the need for pulse ? I've only used very exxy TIG welders at TAFE, have no idea on the capability of these cheap ones.

                      Looking to upgrade from my old faithful oxy set that I;ve used for 30+ years, will be using the TIG on sheet and cast aluminium and steel, up to maybe 10mm thickness of each.

                      Main reason for purchase at the moment is wanting to build a few sets of extractors, oxy is hard going getting enough heat into the 10mm flange without completely melting the exhaust pipe that I'm trying to weld to the flange.
                      I bought one, have been teaching myself how to use it.

                      But my old boy has been coming round & using it to weld in some extra bars to my cage, backets, seat rails etc

                      Comment


                        Thanks, I might give them a crack. Oxy does 95% of what I need to do pretty easily, this is just for those odd jobs that are difficult or impossible with oxy so don't want to spend a fortune.

                        Comment


                          10mm aluminium on a 200A tig would be pushing it. I'd be investing in a big heating head for the oxy, if you've already committed to that machine.

                          Comment


                            10mm is a guess - basically, doing a cut'n'shut on a gearbox bellhousing would be the biggest job so however thick Nissan gearboxes are.

                            I do have a rosebud heating tip for the oxy, bought years ago for sand bending exhaust pipe. Previous cut'n'shut bellhousing jobs were actually done completely with the oxy.

                            Comment


                              A mate did lots and lots of nissan/datsun bellhousings, even with a helium mix, had to resort to preheating, especially in the cooler months with a welder in that amperage range - a 300A plus unit later, made it more simple.

                              Looking at the specs, seems to be a reasonable duty cycle, surprised they can pull that single phase - even if you put in the 15A circuit. Still reckon you'd be lucky to get through one before you had to stop - and water cooling with a silicon torch might be a lot more comfortable and not kill the rubber, if you make a habit of doing them!

                              Comment


                                Already have a cheap ebay DC inverter TIG/stick for bits and pieces, seems to work well enough.

                                I'd like to buy a good quality HF TIG, probably be sensible to go liquid cooled torch & pedal controller. Happy to spend on something decent, will have 15A outlets, happy to get 25/32A outlet if necessary. Probably intercooler end tanks/pipework, maybe aluminium manifold/plenum grafting, steel exhaust manifolds and odd jobs, maybe have a crack at gearbox swaps but would generally prefer to go steel bellhousings with anything that can bolt on. What's good?

                                Also interested in plasma cutter or plasma attachment which could be paired with the existing DC inverter, if that's a thing?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X