X
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useful Fabrication videos

I thought a thread featuring fabrication-related videos might be useful here rather than lost in the off-topic area.

I found this guy's channel recently, he's a general jobbing and marine machinist. Explains what he'd doing, doesn't pollute videos with shitty soundtracks, goes into plenty of detail and doesn't upsell the business.

Turn Wright Machine Works
    http://www.youtube.com/user/KEF791/v...ow=grid&view=0

I know fuckall about machining so cannot judge whether he's kosher or not, but compared to other stuff I've found online, this seems plenty helpful and big on details (if sometimes also long on time).
    The GT4 daily barge
    RA65+3SGE - project procrastination
    ---------------------------------------

Good potential for awesomeness in this thread so I'll make it a sticky here.
    Add some good stuff guys.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/user/weldingtipsandtricks

This guy has good welding vids.
      Chris
      ------
      The new nugget
      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

All the vids in this series are great, good welding footage aswell.

Comment

Not a vid but figure its worthy.

http://www.jefflilly.com/fabrication/

Comment

Nice, thanks for sharing.

/ --------------- \
            _/ /___________\ \_
            /_________|_________\
            |OOO ___________ OOO|
            \______|====|______/
            [_]-------------------[_]

Comment

best lap joints eva

Originally posted by 50RTD
              Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

one for fantapants

i've posted these elsewhere and they aren't pure fab, but worth a look https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWQ4Qs09T4s

Comment

Not really into super pretty stuff but this is cool.

Comment

Comment

I made the pipe on my old BMW many years ago using this technique, after the old guy who had previously made pipes for me died. Took a few attempts to get right, but after that I turned out a few pipes successfully for other bikes. Also worked when making handlebars.

I tried more recently to adapt it to making car headers, but couldn't master the tighter radius bends needed when compared to the long, flowing bends on a bike exhaust.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Not automotive related but I love watching these:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...q9_ZiPqKlWNc6V

Nice how they go into depth a little about each technique they use and why. Would love to one day try my hand at it, maybe making some smallish blades by hand forging.

Comment

Originally posted by dave1600 View Post
                          I made the pipe on my old BMW many years ago using this technique, after the old guy who had previously made pipes for me died. Took a few attempts to get right, but after that I turned out a few pipes successfully for other bikes. Also worked when making handlebars.

I tried more recently to adapt it to making car headers, but couldn't master the tighter radius bends needed when compared to the long, flowing bends on a bike exhaust.
                          Nice one, did you get the tube glowing at all? Can't see any in the vid.

Comment

What worked best for me was to concentrate on the outside of the bend, and only get it to a dull red. If I heated the pipe all round or used too much heat, I ended up with "kinks" or ripples on the inside of the bend.

Its not an easy way to bend pipes, but if I can do it, can't be too hard either. Took me a few goes and a lot of time (and a lot of gas) to get the first one right. The old guy that I used to get to make pipes would churn a beautiful pipe out in half an hour.

Comment

Guy manages to cram 2 minutes worth of content into 5, skip to 2 min if you've ever drilled a trilobed hole before. Good trick though.

Comment

Working...
                              X