CNC machining

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would but there are other issues. He has spent 2 years focusing on perfecting the "product" instead of the "business" and is not in a strong position financially. He is trying to get investors on board to get a boost in capital so that the proper manufacturing planning, jigging and what not can be done to scale up manufacturing and try make money off it now that the design is mature. If he can secure the funds I would go and run the manufacturing but I'm not giving up my current job just yet.

Comment

I have a few Solidworks designs that I need to have machined up from billet aluminium so I can do some test fitting. I was originally going to go with Ariel, but he is too busy with his manifolds at the moment and isn't taking on additional CNC work.
      There are 3 designs, two can be done with a CNC lathe, the other will need a CNC mill.

Is there anyone on here that can help me out? Happy to pay, naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Commotion View Post
        He is making these things:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83751[/ATTACH]
        Tow behind scraper / leveler?

Comment

Post up pics of the design is easiest
          3D scanning
          3D modelling
          Structural certification
          3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

What about all those plastic injection moulds josh lol
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkgt38KRZ2c

Comment

Yeah maybe a couple of them too, miss the days of 20 hour cutter paths.

Comment

Rx-2 strut tops I just finished making, think he's using s13 struts in it.

Comment

Those cogs you have photos of in the first post look like they are for chain. I'm surprised that they needed such a tight finish if so. I have previously designed a machine which had a 1.2m dia drum which was driven by triplex chain. I ended up just getting them water cut in 3 pieces and welded together. Machine seemed to work okay, they kept stretching the stainless chain but that was because the machine was being massively over loaded. We went to aqua chain eventually and they put the appropriate controls on the infeed and outfeed to the machine so it wasnt over loaded and it had no more issues.

Comment

I went and paid the old man a visit on the weekend and took some more photos of some of some machining related stuff.

He has had so many issues with hydraulic cylinders that he bought another cnc lathe purely to manufacture components.

This is the trusty old lathe which does the bulk of the turning:

and this is the mill:

The plasma/oxy has been playing up and he thinks its a controller issue so he is going to swap out the controller and try upgrade the software. Just random issues like cut two identical plates and one edge will be out by 10mm but everything else is spot on.

Comment

runner systems for a chocolate mould

cast alum die

Comment

How much is that mazak 30M? I cant even afford a simple lathe ATM lol.

Comment

Depends, prob 170k new now or more, I seen one of that vintage for sale for 80
                          3D scanning
                          3D modelling
                          Structural certification
                          3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Yep I think it was around that money playa. The machine is in real good shape. Hasn't done much work... Well not much compared to the other 2 machines.

Comment

Originally posted by PLAYA View Post
                              Depends, prob 170k new now or more, I seen one of that vintage for sale for 80
                              Yea sound's about right. I just like to see people that have this stuff as it motivates me to get a work shop one day. The biggest bit of equipment I got a price on was a hot wash for 10k I still cant afford that.

Comment

I bought a CMM from a joint and they had a new mazak lathe, cut cost them 350k they recon, had bar feeder, spindle with sub spindle, twin turret, parts catcher etc etc
                                3D scanning
                                3D modelling
                                Structural certification
                                3 and 5 axis milling

Comment

Working...
                                X